Class of 2017 - DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DE Kingsley Jonathan (NC) COMMITTED & SIGNED to SYRACUSE

Well, since Jonathan Kingsley committed to Syracuse University, it seems pretty obvious that we're going to lose Kingsley Jonathan to the University of Syracuse. ;)

Those b@stards are always swooping in at the last minute and poaching our recruits. :p

Can we stop these lame jokes? They got tired and died a loooong time ago. Not just aiming this at you but everyone in general.

C6DTGWzU4AA3rMX.jpg:large

Previous
Next

Kingsley Jonathan‏Protected Tweets @frozen_dart 7h7 hours ago

Honored to be selected to represent Maryland in the Big33 Allstar game
1f64f-1f3fd.png
1f3c8.png
pic.twitter.com/TIYzoKyQdL

Why risk injury soooo close to training camp for a state high school all star game ?
I know , we have two defensive players, C. Harper DT & Kingsley Jonathan DE/LB who we may be counting on somewhat with the unfortunate situation with Steven Clark. Fortunate we had a O-lineman who had a previous engagement, Dakota Davis.

Why risk injury soooo close to training camp for a state high school all star game ?
God forbid a high school kid has a bit of fun and plays in a all star game. Neither of these kids will be getting immediate playing time this season.

:noidea: He's not clear til the NCAA says so, and this feels like the type of thing that causes issues.
How do you know that he's not already cleared? I've read that he's a very good student.

How do you know that he's not already cleared? I've read that he's a very good student.
I don't know if he's been cleared or not. And it's not grades. It's switching continents as a teenager, being the victim of some kind of guardianship fraud, suddenly being two years older than previously thought, and switching schools in different states.

It's not a knock against the kid at all. It's concern about his circumstances.

God forbid a high school kid has a bit of fun and plays in a all star game. Neither of these kids will be getting immediate playing time this season.
I wouldn't rule out Harper not playing. I read somewhere that it was a good possibility that he may get playing time due to Steven Clark medical situation. With us being a bit thin at DT, I would have some concerns. Its not about the kids not having any fun, but more about what they have work hard for to get to college and get on the field as soon as possible. You get hurt in one of these games and end up with a torn fascia, or any leg injury tear, your rehabbing for a year maybe longer. Oh well just different outlooks.

I wouldn't rule out Harper not playing. I read somewhere that it was a good possibility that he may get playing time due to Steven Clark medical situation. With us being a bit thin at DT, I would have some concerns. Its not about the kids not having any fun, but more about what they have work hard for to get to college and get on the field as soon as possible. You get hurt in one of these games and end up with a torn fascia, or any leg injury tear, your rehabbing for a year maybe longer. Oh well just different outlooks.

With this logic kids shouldn't play in 7 on 7 leagues or hell even do anything football related until they are in college...
Yeah it's a risk playing in an All Star game, but a very small one. I've been watching the Big 33 for long time and I don't remember the last time someone got seriously hurt. Plus with the Big 33 it's more then just a game it's a much bigger event where the kids get to do stuff in the community and in my opinion very helpful to these kids going of to college. Injuries happen and will happen even if you choose not to play in a fun All-Star game will always be part of the game.

Wow, lots of excuses and hand wringing from the Maryland contingent.

This young man already has the size, perhaps a freshman that could see some reps during camp...looking forward to see how he performs...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom