Class of 2022 - DE Q'yaeir Price (NJ) Portal from Rutgers | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 DE Q'yaeir Price (NJ) Portal from Rutgers

Christmas list
3 DL
2 Wr
Punter kicker
2LB
2 DBs
2OL

Will have his 4th star by the end of the month.
Future quote from Dohn reads, "Price, who had been a soft commit to Syracuse due to a wait and see approach from Rutgers and other blue bloods, has been on a tear this season. Looking like a cross between JJ Watt and Bruce Smith, Price is poised to be a 4 time all American at Rutgers and do not be surprised to see multiple national championships during his time in New Jersey. For those reasons above and, several more, like this gift card to WaWa from Greg, i've rightfully bumped his ranking slightly, from a mid 3 star to a 5 star."

Last edited:
Future quote from Dohn reads, "Price, who had been a soft commit to Syracuse due to a wait and see approach approach from Rutgers and other bloods, has been on a tear this season. Looking like a cross between JJ Watt and Bruce Smith, Price is poised to be a 4 time all American at Rutgers and do not see surprised to see multi national championships during his time in New Jersey. For those reasons above and several more, like this gift card to WaWa from Greg, i've rightfully bumped his ranking slightly, from a mid 3 star to a 5 star."

I'm giving you a like due to the WaWa reference alone.

But great post otherwise.

Portal - we have the playing time and a good D overall.

Agreed. We could use a DT / NT and a DE who are both ready to go. Roscoe was a godsend -- more of that.

Return quite a bit of experienced talent, and lots of young DT talent [Harper, Lockett, Fuentes, Darney, Rondi], so the cupboard is far from bare. Would love a run-stuffing interior DT / NT to unleash the back 7, though.

Last edited:
Will have his 4th star by the end of the month.
That might just happen somewhere down the line
Reports are that he is playing very well, possibly best defensive player in the state. He seems to be trimmed down and playing nasty

Agreed. We could use a DT / NT and a DE who are both ready to go. Roscoe was a godsend -- more of that.

Return quite a bit of experienced talent, and lots of young DT talent [Harper, Lockett, Fuentes, Darney, Rondi], so the cupboard is far from bare. Would love a run-stuffing interior DT / NT to unleash the back 7, though.
We need someone to pick up where Bear leaves off. He made a big impact against BC. We sure could use a big strong NT.

If I’m Dino I’m hiring someone from Michigan State’s recruiting/personnel staff to follow that transfer portal blueprint they used to rise to #5 in the country
The problem is everyone will be doing that. That leaves us with slim pickings. Staff is gonna have to rely on strong relationships. Hopefully we can snag some quality transfers that will make a difference. We need 22 year old bodies on the DL for sure.

Last edited:
The problem is everyone will be doing that. That leaves us with slim pickings. Staff is gonna have to rely on strong relationships. Hopefully we can snag some quality transfers that will make a difference. We need 22 year old bodies on the DL for sure.
One thing we should have going for us is opportunity. Everyone can say it, but not sure how many others are losing as much as we are on the D-Line. I hope the staff doesn't wait till after the season to contact these guys because others schools won't be.

One thing we should have going for us is opportunity. Everyone can say it, but not sure how many others are losing as much as we are on the D-Line. I hope the staff doesn't wait till after the season to contact these guys because others schools won't be.
We've got some quality pieces on the DL on the 2 deep that will be back but we just need to ensure we have a space eater in the middle and a competent full 2 deep next year. That can be achieved a number of different ways.

We've got some quality pieces on the DL on the 2 deep that will be back but we just need to ensure we have a space eater in the middle and a competent full 2 deep next year. That can be achieved a number of different ways.
Very little experience returning. Harper has got a good amount, Chuckie gotten some, Lockett a little, but that's basically it.

Very little experience returning. Harper has got a good amount, Chuckie gotten some, Lockett a little, but that's basically it.

Return five kids in the regular location. Locket Harper Linton Okechukwu, Darton,…plus Geer and Fuentes played. obviously coaches moving to get their feet wet.

Return five kids in the regular location. Locket Harper Linton Okechukwu, Darton,…plus Geer and Fuentes played. obviously coaches moving to get their feet wet.
yup. Harper Caleb Darton Linton have played a lot the last two seasons. Hoping they step up. Lockett is in line to make the jump. Linton Geer Fuentes, Simmons are next in line. I will still prefer a transfer or two. Don’t want to rely on 19 year old bodies in the rotation.

Linton’s raved about by insiders. Think he just needs another year of conditioning/development

Rutgers' RB coach is the brother of the DePaul HC...
Heard that on Axe, no way we were gonna keep a player with those connections. That flip was inevitable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom