Class of 2019 - DE Smith Vilbert (NJ) Committed to PSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DE Smith Vilbert (NJ) Committed to PSU

So I guess PSU is our main rival when it comes to getting NE recruits? Why does every player want to go there?

So I guess PSU is our main rival when it comes to getting NE recruits? Why does every player want to go there?
Well, they are ranked #12 and are ranked pretty much every year.

Oh, and I forgot, no recruit knows anything about the Joe Pa scandal. Ancient history, happened when dinosaurs walked the earth.

Well, they are ranked #12 and are ranked pretty much every year.

Oh, and I forgot, no recruit knows anything about the Joe Pa scandal. Ancient history, happened when dinosaurs walked the earth.
Exactly... the scandal broke what, 5-6 years ago and you would think it was WWII-era the way they feigned ignorance and conveniently buried it. You'd have to grow up in a cave to miss what went on there. I don't care if they have 50 guys in the NFL ... the stench hasn't lifted.

Last edited:
Penn State has 34 guys in the NFL right now...we have like 8.
While you are right that teams that put the most players into the league do tend to get higher rated players, I wish these high schools coaches would convey to their recruited guys that the NFL finds talent everywhere and that going to a place where you’d have more immediate opportunity is also a good consideration.

Franklin can't coach but might be a top 5 recruiter in the nation.
Facilities are top notch and even though it's surrounded by farms and cows that stadium is pretty amazing.
The amount of kids they put into the NFL and how they develop them, see Nassib.
They haven't been irrelavent for this century.
Give it a few more years of top 25 and some upgrades and we will have a better chance vs the likes of PSU.

While you are right that teams that put the most players into the league do tend to get higher rated players, I wish these high schools coaches would convey to their recruited guys that the NFL finds talent everywhere and that going to a place where you’d have more immediate opportunity is also a good consideration.

It’s probably a big deal for high school coaches to have one of their kids land at one of the big fish schools. It strokes their egos.

It’s probably a big deal for high school coaches to have one of their kids land at one of the big fish schools. It strokes their egos.
I totally get that and you’re right. I think in some instances the coach will push that for their own prestige at the expense of the kids career. That bugs me, but it is what it is.

Only three weekends these prospects can take ovs...1/11, 1/18 or 1/25.
January 11 through February 2, 2019: Contact Period

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom