Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

I wonder if there’s now an algorithm that factors in visits and if a prospect visits a “lower” school their rating goes down and vice versa? For example, Maryland commit visits Georgia, so rating fired up because Georgia wouldn’t be making that effort for a so-so prospect?
I don’t know if it’s an algorithm as much as it’s guys having their final rating adjusted by the national “analysts” based on nothing more than schools pursing down the stretch. Can’t tell me Hornsby or Edwards did anything on the field or through camp testing that suddenly caused that now.

The reasoning for his ratings down slide was because he changed programs and got hurt which lost him development time. His peak was top 15 edge rusher.
Im aware of the reasons why they would downgrade. The point is the cherry picking. They are not re evlaluating every prospect in the data base.

I wonder if the play some highlights and pipe in the crowd noise when these recruits are there to show them how loud it really is.
I thought about this yesterday. A really good move if the speakers could handle it.

Im aware of the reasons why they would downgrade. The point is the cherry picking. They are not re evlaluating every prospect in the data base.
Plus, most of these sites never see tha players they evaluate actually play, unlike basketball!

Well, you have to temper that. When we started out 6-0 two seasons ago, there were 3 or 4 games at home that were electric. Never seen or heard a better atmosphere, including a couple effective sell-outs.

But even with a 9 or 10 win season, two or three of those home games are going to be against punching bag teams, and I'm sorry, but people don't care so much to see us pummel a Division 2 team by 50 points.
Don’t schedule at home during state fair. Don’t schedule day games when there is nice weather.
If I can only do 1, I'd rather get 18 in than go to the Dome.

Last edited:
I thought about this yesterday. A really good move if the speakers could handle it.
We get over 120 decibels. The equivalent of 1,000,000,000 Watts of power.

Recruits need to hear the real deal... Commit, get on the field, and make that place sound louder than THUNDER right next to you...

There is no place like DOME.

Roller Coaster Love GIF by Fleischer Studios

I think I know what that means….:)

New England is very provincial

I have been there many times and never once heard someone self identify as a "New Englander" but I will take your word for it. Maybe it shows up in other ways.

Funny, whenever I go back to Cuse, one of the dialects I always notice is "Yuh" or even sometimes comes out as "yut". Only place I hear it like that. I wonder if he picked up on it or if its just random.

Whatever the case, I absolutely love this kid. 5 star for me all day and pick of the class. Kind of kid who will be helping to bring in others as well. Hail to the King!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom