Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

Yeah they downgraded him like 2 weeks ago. Remember Jakari Williams was also a 4 star over there. We have 3 current commits (Williams, Hornsby and Edward’s) who were downgraded from 4 to 3. That would put us in the top 30 for those who wonder if we can have a top 30 class.
Were they downgraded after they committed?

Page 44….nice
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Were they downgraded after they committed?
Jakhari Williams - yes.

KingJoseph - it was before he committed but after we got involved. However I think his has more to do with this process at Rivals where kids who don’t commit to power programs when they have committable offers over time get downgraded because of it to make room for other kids that have committed to those schools. It totally impacts the rankings. And it shouldn’t.

I just wanna point out how absurd his offer list is:

Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Colorado, UConn, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Miss State, NC State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina, Texas, Texas A&M, UCF, USC, etc.

And he got downgraded to 3 stars

Jakhari Williams - yes.

KingJoseph - it was before he committed but after we got involved. However I think his has more to do with this process at Rivals where kids who don’t commit to power programs when they have committable offers over time get downgraded because of it to make room for other kids that have committed to those schools. It totally impacts the rankings. And it shouldn’t.
They don't evaluate players, they play to their subscribers. We all know it. So, we have to be smart enough to look at offers.

Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Colorado, UConn, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Miss State, NC State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina, Texas, Texas A&M, UCF, USC, etc.

3 of the 4 teams in the CFP plus Georgia.

Jakhari Williams - yes.

Man what a scam. Maybe i’m over reacting, but isnt this, I don’t know what to call it, scandal, conspiracy? Regardless, isn’t it potentially a major detriment to success here?

Somebody connected should enumerate all these situations and circumstances, and make them know about it in case it’s worth addressing publicly by them.

And while they’re at it, do the same with all the bad referee calls the last few years, so they go in with the knowledge of it ahead of time, expecting it ready to address it.

A UConn offer will do that, unfortunately.

Jakhari Williams - yes.

As my grandfather used to say "them that has, gets..."

29 Power 5 teams, 30 if you add Syracuse :)

I want some completely random out of left field recruits too that we haven’t heard about. That’s always the most fun.

Except this time they’ll be flipped from some P5 players and not App St or Coastal Carolina :)
How about a Texas A&M WR who entered the portal today? Was ranked the #2 WR coming out of HS last year.

As my grandfather used to say "them that has, gets..."
Yeah they claim it has to do with him putting on weight and not having film on him as an interior DL because he may need to bulk up. Which is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard because they literally have 6 other kids rated as 4 stars in their top 25 DE’s that have the same exact measurables as him. Yet I doubt they have film on those kids at interior DL. Just a bunch of BS. It really annoys me because it’s completely unfair to the kid.

I still don’t believe that he legitimately had no clue and was just flipping a coin in his mind upon arriving. Dude knew Cuse was it, and for a while. Now I can see him having the internal battle post FSU visit “am I really going to turn down a Blue Blood, undefeated program in Florida State and the chance to play with my buddy KJ Bolden for the unknown in Fran Brown’s Cuse?” But knowing in the end it was always the right spot for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom