Class of 2015 - DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook

Uphill battle to be sure, but we are in this due to the reasons you surmise and a few others (info from someone who knows Tyrone Jr.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the insight.

Another factor might simply be "proximity" since the Wheatleys have lived in the CNY area for most of TJ's formative years. As a result, maybe most things SU run deep through his being. He would definitely be a great get.

Uphill battle to be sure, but we are in this due to the reasons you surmise and a few others (info from someone who knows Tyrone Jr.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I would add that as much as we think our kids want to follow in our footsteps, they often choose another path. Alot of pressure to go to the same school your father did. Ask Barry Sanders and his son. Evreyone had him as lock to go to OKST, but he choose Stanford. He isn't the first son of a former NFL Great to choose a different path. It is never out of the question, but I like our odds. not that there great, but having a solid relationship with SU, and his Dad right down the Highway might pay dividends yet.

@JShankerESPN
T.J. Wheatley Jr.'s ties to other states, schools will not play a factor in his decision http://es.pn/15lKlMx via @ESPNPennState

"I mean, Michigan's a great school and everything -- but I'm going to sit down and look at all the schools," he said. "When we go back home to a lot of family in Michigan, I hear, 'Blue and gold, it's in your blood.' And it's like, 'Look, the decision's mine. You can talk all you want.' "I love the program and everything. My dad gets to see his friends there, but I'm going to go wherever I'm most comfortable."

- he goes onto to discuss Washington, Penn State and Alabama. He will be at the PSU/Cuse game. No specific mentions of Syracuse and he does say No to Ohio St. and Mich St.

and he does say No to Ohio St. and Mich St.

But on the otherhand that Blue and Gold thing . . . it is in his blood . . . .

and he does say No to Ohio St. and Mich St.

But on the otherhand that Blue and Gold thing . . . it is in his blood . . . .

Isn't it officially the maize and blue and is so shouldn't his relatives know that?

:noidea:

In other words a miss as in "He is gone".

This is why Internet boards are great. You have no idea what you're talking about. DcCuse is dead on.

Yes, Bama offered. Both Bama and Mich will be hard to top. But, make no mistake, there's real, genuine interest. My somewhat educated guess is Bama, Cuse or Mich (in no order). I'd be shocked if it were PSU and really shocked if Wash.

Wherever he goes, there's not a better kid being recruited by anyone, anywhere.

This is why Internet boards are great. You have no idea what you're talking about. DcCuse is dead on.

Yes, Bama offered. Both Bama and Mich will be hard to top. But, make no mistake, there's real, genuine interest. My somewhat educated guess is Bama, Cuse or Mich (in no order). I'd be shocked if it were PSU and really shocked if Wash.

Wherever he goes, there's not a better kid being recruited by anyone, anywhere.

Cali obviously having a Debbie Downer of a day turn that frown upside down guy :)

Could be this one
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374329313.252855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be this one View attachment 4265

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently house hunting in NJ, and that house with that yard would go for about $750-$ 1M in my area. In other words, that's why I won't be living in this area anymore!

Sheesh! I thought you could get good values down here in south FL. That house would be 1mil+ down here!

I'm currently house hunting in NJ, and that house with that yard would go for about $750-$ 1M in my area. In other words, that's why I won't be living in this area anymore!

Plus the 10-20k in annual taxes depending on county/town.

More like 15k-25k. Its getting borderline absurd to live here anymore.
If you live in this area, you just can't go looking at comps in other parts of the country, for the sake of your sanity.

If you live in this area, you just can't go looking at comps in other parts of the country, for the sake of your sanity.

Tell me about it. I moved to CNJ from the Atlanta burbs. I almost took my own life when I saw the home prices/taxes. To paraphrase A Chorus Line, "But then I realized, killing yourself in New Jersey is redundant".

Ohh I dont actively seek it. But wont lie, when wife is watching one of those house shows on HGTV, and i see some fresh out of college couple buying a 150k 4000sq ft mcmansion in some hot weather state i do start wondering what the i am doing here.

But then i realize, i love the city, i love the shore, my family is here, i love the pizza, bagels and pork roll egg and cheese sandwiches. It is what it is.

Kid literally laughed at the idea of playing for SU. I know this for fact, you don't have to believe me but I thought I'd share.

Kid literally laughed at the idea of playing for SU. I know this for fact, you don't have to believe me but I thought I'd share.
That's fine, not like his new hometown bills team didn't sign a SU TE :rolleyes:

So he laughed at the hand that fed him... :(

As a point of reference, weren't you the one telling us that Buffalo was going to take over NY college sports?