Class of 2024 - DE Tristen Graham (Del) Committed to Akron | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE Tristen Graham (Del) Committed to Akron

It happens. It seems like we are fully overhauling our defensive line, and with some of the additions, maybe he thinks he’ll find more playing time elsewhere. Good luck to him.

Liked him as a recruit. Trust the staff. Strange.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a good kid... but his only other P5 offer was Sparty... I'm sure an honest discussion took place.

And agreed... sucks he has to scramble now but the musical chairs happen with a new coach and staff...

graham.png

If the staff just told him and/or others in the last couple of days that they weren't interested, that would be disappointing.

I don't fault the staff. They're trying to evaluate and form relationships with kids they just met. Some kids might not check one box or the other or both.

The kid might not be feeling it just the same. I know recruited kids who thought they wanted a school until they went to visit the campus or met the coaches and they just weren't feeling it. Specifically one kid loved a coach and hated the campus so he turned them down. Such is life.

The good news is there's another signing day in February. Plenty of time for Graham to find a home.

Last edited:
Very disappointed. Loved his film. Plus, I live in Delaware.

It does seem like he and the new staff either didn't connect, or he was a victim of numbers.

Very disappointed. Loved his film. Plus, I live in Delaware.

It does seem like he and the new staff either didn't connect, or he was a victim of numbers.
He seems size wise a bit of a tweener for what they're doing. I think we're going to get a lot bigger on the line and at Lber and the Lber's are going to have to be big and fast.

I don't fault the staff. They're trying to evaluate and form relationships with kids they just met. Some might not check one box or the other or both.

The kid might not be feeling it just the same. I know recruited kids who thought they wanted a school until they went to visit or met coaches and they just weren't feeling it. I know a kid who loved a coach and hated the campus so he turned them down. Such is life.

The good news is there's another signing day in February. Plenty of time for Graham to find another home.
yep for some reason it didn't work out. Two way street. He committed to a different staff. New staff has a job to do and is hired to win games and trying to hit the ground running by recruiting kids in 14 days. Tough spot for everyone. Unfortunate but part of the business. I don't blame anyone here

That ain’t good

Why?

We've landed some other comparably-rated DE recruits. We have a much higher rated prospect who is likely to announce for us tonight, and we're in a good spot for a blue chip DE portal transfer.

I liked Graham. I have no idea whether he's a fit for the new system, the way he was for the 3-3-5. The coaching staff that recruited Graham is no longer here, and maybe he didn't get a good vibe from the new coaches when he came up to visit. Or maybe he looked around and saw Joseph / Diggs looming, and decided to opt out. Or maybe he looked around and saw the two DEs that the staff was actively recruiting Lesaine and the younger Diggs] on top of Joseph / Diggs, and got concerned that he didn't fit into the new staff's future plans.

Ultimately, it is too bad that Graham decided to decommit -- but this just opens up another open scholarship for Fran Brown to work with, which is decidedly a good thing.

And it's not like we haven't supplemented the DE position.

He seems size wise a bit of a tweener for what they're doing. I think we're going to get a lot bigger on the line and at Lber and the Lber's are going to have to be big and fast.

It would be nice to line up against Clemson and FLA St eventually and not see the "men-against-boys" dynamic we're used to where their WR's tower over our DB's or vice a versa...

Could be the staff wants those faster, twitchy DE types now. Guys like KingJoseph and Caden Brown. Maybe they decided Graham wasn't a fit. Nobody knows.

It would be nice to line up against Clemson and FLA St eventually and not see the "men-against-boys" dynamic we're used to where their WR's tower over our DB's or vice a versa...
Yeah it would be nice if their WR's weren't larger than our LBers for once.

Happens every year. Everyone was sky high on Nolton and he was a complete nothing burger
Come on, we don't have to be that way about a transferring underclassman.

Nothing is shocking with a new staff...this is a part of the deal unfortunately. Nothing to worry about here, just have to move on!

Could be the staff wants those faster, twitchy DE types now. Guys like KingJoseph and Caden Brown. Maybe they decided Graham wasn't a fit. Nobody knows.

one quibble but I don't find Joseph explosive (fast) at all. Film seemed to me to just rely on power with some good moves. I didn't see him explode off the snap. Maybe I missed it.

Yeah, I'm sure he's a good kid... but his only other P5 offer was Sparty... I'm sure an honest discussion took place.

And agreed... sucks he has to scramble now but the musical chairs happen with a new coach and staff...

graham.png

That coach isn't even at MSU anymore.

I thought Graham was solidly in the next class. I hope he lands in a good spot.

Why?

We've landed some other comparably-rated DE recruits. We have a much higher rated prospect who is likely to announce for us tonight, and we're in a good spot for a blue chip DE portal transfer.

I liked Graham. I have no idea whether he's a fit for the new system, the way he was for the 3-3-5. The coaching staff that recruited Graham is no longer here, and maybe he didn't get a good vibe from the new coaches when he came up to visit. Or maybe he looked around and saw Joseph / Diggs looming, and decided to opt out. Or maybe he looked around and saw the two DEs that the staff was actively recruiting Lesaine and the younger Diggs] on top of Joseph / Diggs, and got concerned that he didn't fit into the new staff's future plans.

Ultimately, it is too bad that Graham decided to decommit -- but this just opens up another open scholarship for Fran Brown to work with, which is decidedly a good thing.

And it's not like we haven't supplemented the DE position.
Just in terms of the timing is all I was referring to. Thought he was a good player. But I have a feeling there’s better behind him coming aboard

I am guessing he does not have the size and athleticism the new staff is looking for to fit the defense they are planning...New staff, new systems...These transitions are never easy on anyone and especially not on recruits who have established relationships with the coaches who are departing.
This seemed inevitable to me...Very nice kid with a body and film that does not seem to translate very well into what I am imagining the new staff has in mind.

This seemed inevitable to me...Very nice kid with a body and film that does not seem to translate very well into what I am imagining the new staff has in mind.
Yeah that's kind of where I'm at with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom