Dear TGD - Things I would like to see happen now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dear TGD - Things I would like to see happen now

The facilities necessary health and recovery of the players from injury is a huge issue right now.

You think that's why we have had some of these injuries?

You think that's why we have had some of these injuries?

That's not what I said. But I do know from a person with direct knowledge that the facilities to support recovery is severely lacking.

Open air stadium scares me for attendance. Retractable roof? Probably way too expensive, but a boy can dream.

South would be a good location, as long as they made it really easy for the students to get down there (like a whole fleet of buses, not two at a time) from campus. Also, if they could make tailgating affordable enough to entice students to do it, and not be s about underage drinking on Saturday afternoons, we would see a giant uptick in student interest.

That's not what I said. But I do know from a person with direct knowledge that the facilities to support recovery is severely lacking.

That's been a given. They also need to upgrade in the area of proper diagnosis.

"annual preseason tournament in MSG. with BC, Pitt, Cuse, uconn, gt, vill, st. johns, providence."

I really like this idea, but I would favor someone other than BC.

Open air stadium scares me for attendance. Retractable roof? Probably way too expensive, but a boy can dream.

South would be a good location, as long as they made it really easy for the students to get down there (like a whole fleet of buses, not two at a time) from campus. Also, if they could make tailgating affordable enough to entice students to do it, and not be s about underage drinking on Saturday afternoons, we would see a giant uptick in student interest.

I think they can handle transporting 3k students to So. Campus. There is enough room down there for all the other fans to park and easy access to 481/81.

As for right now, just paint faces on the seatbacks of the lower section so that all those unsold seats on the sidelines will look full.

Now that its sunk in. Here some things I would like to see.

Football:
1) I never was 100% on board with your billboards and taxi cabs, but props. Lets keep the NYC things going. ACC bowl game in NYC and throw in Boston (foxboro) this time too. I dont want to hear anything about a bowl in Boise Idaho and I bet BC and Pitt will agree.
2) Schedule Uconn OOC - the rivalry is getting good across the board. I want at least one game with PP at the DOME too.
3) INVEST, INVEST, INVEST - if things pause and UCONN and RUT are left to wallow. TGD better drive the nail in the coffin now. theres a reason PP at Uconn is coming out and saying they need to be with Cuse in ACC. PP knows it well.

Basketball:
1) clearly acc champ game rotating between NYC, DC, ATL and NC. if not MSG 100% of the time. and if not MSG, then the new Brooklyn Nets Arena 100%.
2) OOC games with st johns, villanova, and GT. with a 1,1,1 rotation per year. 1 in the dome, 1 in MSG, and 1 away. they would be home games anyways but i still think it would be good for the people out of town. lots of alumni and cny relocators.
3) if #2 does not pan out how about an annual preseason tournament in MSG. with BC, Pitt, Cuse, uconn, gt, vill, st. johns, providence.

No reason to ever play UConn in football.

Football needs its own Melo Center.

GTown and the Johnnies, and keep doing what we're doing with the early season stuff at MSG.

Ok, maybe 7? I don't know if it will happen or when it will happen. Just have a sneaking suspicion that we will see a south campus stadium eventually. Look around the Dome. They are tearing things up and building new dorms and academic buildings all the time. Tear the Dome down or turn it into a wind tunnel for the science department. :) An open air stadium with a retractable roof on south campus is the ticket. I think we see it. Still on campus, just not on the quad, more and better parking, closer to the player apartments, closer to manley and the football wing, etc.
I heard about this from somewhere around 3 years ago.. ;)

there are several ways to increase seating for bball once they decide to not limit themselves to the current configuration. the first thing would be to think out of the box when using the portable seats.. it would increase the loudness and create more "better" seats..

Where does the free ice cream and pony rides for Swish figure into all this? ;)

there are several ways to increase seating for bball once they decide to not limit themselves to the current configuration. the first thing would be to think out of the box when using the portable seats.. it would increase the loudness and create more "better" seats..

Imlistening.jpg

They already have a plan for getting around 40,000. Nothing is perfect, but for a game like that it's more about the atmosphere and the novelty of being there.

They already have a plan for getting around 40,000. Nothing is perfect, but for a game like that it's more about the atmosphere and the novelty of being there.
Knowing Gross...I bet that involves setting up multiple Giant "Club 44 Ferris Wheels". The higher your donation level the more times you get to freeze the wheel during game play.

You want 2-3k less capacity during basketball season?
33,000 seats on hard aluminum bleachers or 29,000 nice, theater-style chair back seats?

I think that choice is obvious.

I don't see a problem with a 44,000 seat Dome. It won't reduce revenue because you can bump up the ticket price per seat to account for the upgraded seating.

I'd at least like to see the lower bowl go to chair back individual seats.

"annual preseason tournament in MSG. with BC, Pitt, Cuse, uconn, gt, vill, st. johns, providence."

I really like this idea, but I would favor someone other than BC.
sure, there are lots of annual preseason tournaments involving a bunch of schools from two power conferences, killing each other for a few days to get ready to then play each other some more during the regular conference season :crazy:

Here's a simple chair back stadium seat that I think would work well in the Dome. It's available in Orange.

LINK

I'm unsure of the cost per chair, or cost to install/remove old bleachers.

Let's say it's $200/chair --> 44,o00 seats (random estimate) x's $200 = $8.8 million.

It might be worth it.

33,000 seats on hard aluminum bleachers or 29,000 nice, theater-style chair back seats?

I think that choice is obvious.

I don't see a problem with a 44,000 seat Dome. It won't reduce revenue because you can bump up the ticket price per seat to account for the upgraded seating.

I'd at least like to see the lower bowl go to chair back individual seats.

If SU can't sell the Dome out now, what's the point in raising ticket prices? You want more people to stay home and watch on TV?

Don't ing bother upgrading the dome, just start planning ahead for a new stadium down the line. You can do it outdoor, just build it in a style reminiscent of European Soccer Stadiums, an All Seater with the stands ccovered. Seats covered, field is open air.

Allianz-Arena-in-Germany_Interior-view_5477.jpg

In this order add, women’s volleyball, men’s hockey team, men’s baseball team, better jumbo-trons in the dome

In this order add, women’s volleyball, men’s hockey team, men’s baseball team, better jumbo-trons in the dome

We already have women's volleyball, and a damn good one at that.

We already have women's volleyball, and a damn good one at that.
I had no clue...but thanks for the heads up, can't wait to see them on TV here in DC!! They are always showing the other ACC teams, so I guess that will include us next year

It won't be 20 years IMO. You don't know how close we were to a stadium on south campus just a couple years ago. I'm still putting my money on that happening in the future. But I don't think it will be 20 years. Lets say 5 years.
What he said, I know first hand.

Ok, maybe 7? I don't know if it will happen or when it will happen. Just have a sneaking suspicion that we will see a south campus stadium eventually. Look around the Dome. They are tearing things up and building new dorms and academic buildings all the time. Tear the Dome down or turn it into a wind tunnel for the science department. :) An open air stadium with a retractable roof on south campus is the ticket. I think we see it. Still on campus, just not on the quad, more and better parking, closer to the player apartments, closer to manley and the football wing, etc.
Skytop is well equiped to house a new stadium, with hotel attached, it can be a business parternership deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom