Decent Read on JB's suspension | Syracusefan.com

Decent Read on JB's suspension

Well there is nothing decent about the ban, but it was a positive- looking forward article.

Good article. The only thing I didn't like was the Lord & Taylor ad that popped up on my phone as I was reading it.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/23/house-arrest-to-healing-the-boeheims-journey-in-year-of-ban/

So not everyone is anti SU
(if already posted,sorry, I didn't see it)
I wish they had detailed the (spurious) sanctions a bit more, especially since the academic one, Fab Melo related, well, SU sat him out twice that season because of it, including during the NCAAs. We had a good shot at the title had we not done so. To be punished twice is absurd. I don't know if any of the games JB was stripped of include games Fab Melo sat out. If so, even more of a travesty.

However, I LOVED reading about Juli Boeheim's take on it. The woman exudes and defines the words high class.

However, I LOVED reading about Juli Boeheim's take on it. The woman exudes and defines the words high class.

I'm glad I read that article (it WAS great). I hadn't paid much attention to the suspension (or Larry Brown's) ... and kinda feel that too many times the "big" schools get away with things that the small guys can't. On a side note GU's "cute little run" began in '99 with the Zags on a 4 year NCAA probation. Didn't lose any scholarships and there weren't suspensions but it DID happen and IS a part of Gonzaga's history.

Thanks for mentioning Juli Boeheim. She is a special lady, and has influenced "Gonzaga" and the community in ways that are difficult to fathom. Here's a quote (and I will link the article) from 2012 where Marcy Few discusses Juli.

-----------------------------------------
"Marcy Few recalls a trip east when Mark was a new head coach at GU.

"We got invited to an event, the Jimmy V Foundation," she said, referring to the organization started by former North Carolina State coach Jim Valvano, who died of bone cancer in 1993.

While there, Juli Boeheim, wife of Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, told them of a black-tie event they put on to raise money: Coaches vs. Cancer.

Considering the project for Spokane, Marcy Few said she looked at the challenge and "felt totally inadequate." But her husband was fully behind it, and as she researched the possibility, supporters began lining up and have continued their support to a degree that "truly floors me," she said.

"In the 10 years of the event, we've raised over $5.4 million," director Jerid Keefer said. "That it's become the largest Coaches vs. Cancer fundraiser in the country is pretty remarkable."

The Zags also play one home game each season off-campus at nearby Spokane Arena to benefit the Spokane Ronald McDonald House, which aids families of those receiving cancer treatments."
-----------------------------------------
So ... a heartfelt "Tip o' the Cap" and "Thank you" to Juli Boeheim from this Zag fan (and member of the GU family).
http://www.kitsapsun.com/sports/the...ga-coach-mark-few-ep-417691037-356835441.html

Further to the reference of "Coaches vs Cancer" it's interesting (to me anyway) that 3 of the 4 Head Coaches in Chicago are featured in this link ... as is obvious longtime friend of syracusefan.com Doug Gottleib. But the highlight is the pic of some good looking guy standing next to Fraschilla.

http://www.At their request, this n...zaga/story/431369-coaches-vs-cancer-pictorial

I ran into Mark Few in Maui, after a game he had won. I was waiting to go to the event, he was just returning. I shouted out, Nice game, Mr Few, and he gave me a wave of acknowledgement. I didn't expect more because he was walking away from me into the hotel. Also I may have inadvertently insulted him by calling him Mr Few rather than Coach Few.

FWIW I talked longer with Baylor coach Scott Drew. Nice man. I told him I had a friend who was a Baylor alum who was just crazy for the basketball team. He appreciated that. I refrained from adding that she was a huge fan of the women's team, the men not so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom