"Deepest team in the NCAA" | Syracusefan.com

"Deepest team in the NCAA"

moqui

generational talent
well, we'll see

It's Chistmas Time in March

That's the thing, though. We are only deep on the wings. We have zero depth inside. He really was the only player we can't replace.

I mean, our national title chances aren't great (this is a worse hit than it was in 2010), but our first two or three potential opponents are no better than Cincinnati and West Virginia. And we beat those teams without Fab.

(And let's be serious - Fab wasn't offering much in recent games. We lose nothing from a rebounding standpoint and not much as far as scoring goes. And Baye played well in his very brief appearance on Friday night.

This stinks, this hurts us, but it's not the end of the world. Worse teams than this nine-man group have advanced to Final Fours before.

I mean, our national title chances aren't great (this is a worse hit than it was in 2010), but our first two or three potential opponents are no better than Cincinnati and West Virginia. And we beat those teams without Fab.

(And let's be serious - Fab wasn't offering much in recent games. We lose nothing from a rebounding standpoint and not much as far as scoring goes. And Baye played well in his very brief appearance on Friday night.

This stinks, this hurts us, but it's not the end of the world. Worse teams than this nine-man group have advanced to Final Fours before.
This post...uh...I disagree with. Let's leave it at that.

Fab was most important b/c he changed how other teams attacked us and how we could stretch out our guards and get into transition...

Fab was most important b/c he changed how other teams attacked us and how we could stretch out our guards and get into transition...

Yeah, nobody fears X-mas. Even if Melo appeared less effective he was still a deterrent. Xmas may very well be more aggressive, but he has no (very limited) PT at the five spot. He's more prone to mistakes - it'll kill us eventually.

We should press...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom