Defensive versatility | Syracusefan.com

Defensive versatility

SWC75

Bored Historian
JB has always said that he sticks to a base defense because if you try to practice more than one defense, you won't be as good at either of them. I love the zone as a base defense, (look how well it works against us), but I wish we could switch to an effective man to man when the other team solves it. And I wish we had a proactive press that could be used when the other team doesn't expect it to speed up the game and get a few easy buckets. Is it really too complicated to learn all three? We also don't use "trick" defenses to deal with certain players because they weaken you in other areas. .

I look at football. teams are always changing defensive looks, disguising coverages, blitz and faking blitzes, blitzing with different players, stunts up front, etc. etc. That sounds more complicated than anything they do in basketball. And you are doing it with and against 11 players. Am i missing something here? Is that somehow not a relevant comparison?

I would think that if Scott Shafer could have a defense with different looks and tools than Jim Boeheim could have one, too. Am I wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom