Definitely the worst upset in 20+ years. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Definitely the worst upset in 20+ years.

You're right. By the numbers this was the worse upset in February, in history. Saw it on ESPN while drafting my somber take.

??? Nothing knee jerk about it. We were the #1 team in the country and just lost to a 6-19 team. Please name some bigger upsets on our history. I honestly can't remember losing to a 6-19 team, let alone being #1 in the country when we did it.

And it was at home. Just makes it even worse

McNabb2Brominski said:
Not really. BC sucks but we were do.

What do you mean due? That's bs. This is a W on the schedule. When was the last time we lost to a team that lost 19 games? No excuse. Or offense stinks and has for awhile.

This loss is basically meaningless.

By record and ranking it's the worst loss. But in reality, what does it mean. Nothing.

Were still a 1 seed. My only qualifier for worst loss in 20 years is that it has to end your season or at least cost you a seed line. This did neither.

This. Boom.

This is almost like losing to LeMoyne or Cleveland State in terms of a game we were supposed to win. But I still could not believe we won Saturday. Guess this was basketball karma.

thebigeast44 said:
This is almost like losing to LeMoyne or Cleveland State in terms of a game we were supposed to win. But I still could not believe we won Saturday. Guess this was basketball karma.

I agree, but I think this is worse than the Cleveland state loss.

This could absolutely cost us a seed line. Not right now, but at the end of the year? For sure it could.
This loss didn't cost us anything.

If we lose more, then the combination of losses will hurt us, and this loss could be a tie breaker against us. But we didn't have a combination of losses tonight, we had one loss, and it didn't change anything in terms of our NCAA seeding.

D

Did Cleveland state make the tournament that year ?

Um, yes, they actually did, and they actually beat Wake Forest in the first round. Do research before trying to make me look like a fool amateur.

Is Boston College going to make the tournament this year?

On a scale of 1 to something. I would rank this loss as a 7 and the Butler loss as Pi to the google power.

Stick with me guys: worst upset does not have to be the same as worst loss (like getting beat down by DePaul). Think about the difference.

Um, yes, they actually did, and they actually beat Wake Forest in the first round. Do research before trying to make me look like a fool amateur.

Is Boston College going to make the tournament this year?
Wasn't at all. I'm not one of those people. I knew Cleveland state made the tournament one year and was simply asking a question. I come to the board to discuss my passion, su basketball. I get no satisfaction in trying to make anyone look like a fool. I'm upset about the loss too, it stunk.

By record and ranking it's the worst loss. But in reality, what does it mean. Nothing.

Were still a 1 seed. My only qualifier for worst loss in 20 years is that it has to end your season or at least cost you a seed line. This did neither.

The way we are playing right now, where do you predict our next win?

G-Tech at G-Tech?? They are better than BC.

We play like we have been playing, we likely lose them all... then let's talk seeds...

Whatever....it's one game. We need to find our offense or we'll really have some problems.
25 and 1 at this point in the season? Nobody predicted that record even with the What loss to BC.
We still can win the ACC regular season.
We still can win the ACC tournament.
We're still a one seed in the NCAA

Will somebody please help CJ find his jumper though he seems to have missplaced it?

War Damn Otto!!!

This loss didn't cost us anything.

If we lose more, then the combination of losses will hurt us, and this loss could be a tie breaker against us. But we didn't have a combination of losses tonight, we had one loss, and it didn't change anything in terms of our NCAA seeding.

Right, I get that. But it's going to be part of the equation, and if we lose the loseable games we have coming up, it will very possibly cost us a 1. No loss, by itself, is going to cost a seed line. So purely on that, then sure.

To bring it back to the thread subject; it might be the worst in terms of point spread or something, but i agree it can't compare to Vermont or Richmond or anything that ended the season.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting something reasonable. I'm just now easing my way into the board this morning and am sure this thread is mild compared to others I haven't yet read, but there certainly is much hand-wringing, panic and unintentional humor to be found.

By point spread differential (so comparing the point spread to the final) the two top contenders are probably the depaul game and the Seton Hall home game from 2011 where we lost by 20 plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom