Class of 2014 - Deion Hallmon | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Deion Hallmon

lol. So he's leaving a good Mac program as a scholarship redshirt freshman to walk on at a up in coming Mac program. Dont get it.

Yea, something amiss here for sure.

According to recruiting website 247Sports, both players came out of Florida with offers from several Division I schools – Hallmon was a three-star recruit who had offers from Notre Dame, Illinois, and Arkansas, to name a few.

Northern Illinois coach Rod Carey would not comment on the reason for asking Hallmon to be released, but said "we wish (Hallmon and Senior) the best of luck in the future."Both players were granted their releases and the paperwork is being finalized, said Donna Turner, the associate athletic director for communications for Northern Illinois.

Hallmon said he was told not to return to the team after he went home to deal with family issues the week before the Huskies' game against Marshall in the Boca Raton Bowl. According to him, he still prepared to play for the Huskies in the spring season, but was told via text from one of the coaches that he wouldn't be on the spring roster and wasn't allowed to practice.

"I just don't understand it," Hallmon said. "I'd get it if I failed a drug test or got in trouble off-campus, but I didn't. My name is clean."

Maybe I'm missing something, but being told that via a text is kind of a dick move.

i knew something was really bad with this kid when he committed to RU and Eric White, Mr Positive tweet master, sent out an angry tweet, something along the lines of "a half truth is still a full lie". Bullet dodged indeed

Maybe I'm missing something, but being told that via a text is kind of a dick move.

On the surface you are correct, but you never know what this kid was pulling at NIU. The coach may have gotten tired of even talking to this kid. I hope he gets his act together, I really do.

On the surface you are correct, but you never know what this kid was pulling at NIU. The coach may have gotten tired of even talking to this kid. I hope he gets his act together, I really do.

I agree.

There are a lot of similarities between our former OC and Deion. Both loved attention and played fast and loose with the truth, although I think Deion takes it to a whole new level.

Just because the thread is so bizarre...Good luck Coach Daoust.