Delicious Rutgers schadenfreude | Syracusefan.com

Delicious Rutgers schadenfreude

SU2NASA

All American
http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=2797&tid=149009760&mid=149009760&sid=988&style=2

The Big 12 is our best hope

We need them to keep going east. To scarf up Cincinnati, and decide that if they have gone that far, New York isn't that much further. Because I think if the Big 12 starts sniffing around UConn and Rutgers, the ACC will snatch us up. Right now, there is nothing to force the ACC's hand.

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=2797&tid=148984720&mid=148984720&sid=988&style=2
" The farther you get away from New Brunswick, Rutgers carries a pseudo-Ivy connotation, which is only a positive. I've lived all over; in California, in Texas, a large portion of the population thinks of Rutgers as in the same academic level of a Duke or a Rice. And as Duke and Stanford have proved, you don't need to be "The University of X" to be successful in college sports."

I've lived all over; in California, in Texas, a large portion of the population thinks of Rutgers as in the same academic level of a Duke or a Rice.

I have no response to this... I'm sure fugly girls from around the world see themselves as supermodels as well.

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=2797&tid=148984720&mid=148984720&sid=988&style=2
" The farther you get away from New Brunswick, Rutgers carries a pseudo-Ivy connotation,

At what distance exactly does this start to happen? I'm roughly 400 miles away and I still think they suck.

We need them to keep going east. To scarf up Cincinnati, and decide that if they have gone that far, New York isn't that much further.

Did Rutgers move its campus to a different state?

Moving from New Jersey to Ohio would just be moving from one shitty state to another shitty state.

Because I think if the Big 12 starts sniffing around UConn and Rutgers, the ACC will snatch us up.

I just can't imagine anyone thinking that having them sniffing around NJ would be a good thing.

Anyone else notice that our Rutgers friends haven't dropped by lately?

Is anyone missing them?

" The farther you get away from New Brunswick, Rutgers carries a pseudo-Ivy connotation, which is only a positive. I've lived all over; in California, in Texas, a large portion of the population thinks of Rutgers as in the same academic level of a Duke or a Rice. And as Duke and Stanford have proved, you don't need to be "The University of X" to be successful in college sports."

Uhhhh no. Unless he was hanging out at the Walmarts in the places he's lived all over the country. I've lived in So Cal for 3 years and I've not once heard Rutgers come up in a conversation. Noone thinks of Rutgers as an elite private school - it's not even an elite state school.

I come from a uniques perspective. I graduated from ESF/SU in 1978 and got my MS from Rutgers in 1984. I spent two years there and refer to it as serving time in Rahway. I was in a very specific program that was highly thought of. I rarely even tell people outside that professional group that I went to Rutgers. I tutored freshman football players when I was there. They gave me free tickets to Syracuse games and I wore orange in a crowd of Rutgers fans. My daughter was at a college expo last night and saw the Rutger table. She said, "I could go to Rutgers". My response was,"I'm not paying to send you to that sewerhole." New Brunswick is a crappy place to live and Rutgers will never get away from that. Enough said.

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?fid=2797&tid=149009760&mid=149009760&sid=988&style=2

The Big 12 is our best hope

We need them to keep going east. To scarf up Cincinnati, and decide that if they have gone that far, New York isn't that much further. Because I think if the Big 12 starts sniffing around UConn and Rutgers, the ACC will snatch us up. Right now, there is nothing to force the ACC's hand.

" The farther you get away from New Brunswick, Rutgers carries a pseudo-Ivy connotation, which is only a positive. I've lived all over; in California, in Texas, a large portion of the population thinks of Rutgers as in the same academic level of a Duke or a Rice. And as Duke and Stanford have proved, you don't need to be "The University of X" to be successful in college sports."[/quo

This is priceless... What...

Anyone else notice that our Rutgers friends haven't dropped by lately?

Is anyone missing them?

LOL I noticed that too...even though they won they still are our little brother.

Uhhhh no. Unless he was hanging out at the Walmarts in the places he's lived all over the country. I've lived in So Cal for 3 years and I've not once heard Rutgers come up in a conversation. Noone thinks of Rutgers as an elite private school - it's not even an elite state school.

I see 20 Cuse shirts, car stickers, etc...for every 1 Rutgers thing here in San Antonio.

I see 20 Cuse shirts, car stickers, etc...for every 1 Rutgers thing here in San Antonio.
Same here in Manhattan.

Same here in Manhattan.

I think I've seen one Rutgers sticker and a sweatshirt in the last three years in D.C.

I see 'Cuse stuff everywhere.

For being a state school, I never hear anything about anyone having actually gone there.

Driving on the Long Island Expressway, I too see about 25 Cuse stickers to every one Rutgers sticker...actually I dont even remember the last time I saw any Rutgers gear except for when I went to the Bills-Giants game in Jersey 2 weeks ago. I'm a manager at a restaurant and I have about 15 regulars who either graduated from Cuse or like me, moved to Long Island from Syracuse. I've never met a Rutgers fan. I'm predicting I will see about 25-30 Cuse sweatshirts and hats tomorrow, I will be shocked to see anything Rutgers. I work 30 minutes from Manhattan...isn't that part of the area Rutgers is trying to sell to anyone who will listen?

Even more...

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?SID=988&fid=2797&style=2&tid=148912089&Page=6

"Why would the B10 not take Missouri w/us right now? AAU school w/the two good media markets"

"The B10 would take us under three different circumstances...they REALLY want to wait until they can open up TV negotiations. That is why they didn't pluck us up immediately."

"Here are the three scenarios:

1. BE survives. We wait until 2014ish until the B10 negotitates their TV contracts. We go then.
2. BE collpases. ND is forced to go somewhere. It will be the B10. We go with them.
3. Be collapses. ND is forced to go somewhere. They go to the ACC with UConn. We get picked by the B10 at that point. Why? See number 1. We are going there regardless...they wouldn't let their product flounder and die for a few years. If the ACC decides it wants us...then a number of things change. Think about what TP said the other day, then look at the above. It goes hand in hand."

scarjo_popcorn.gif

Even more...

http://rutgers./showmsg.asp?SID=988&fid=2797&style=2&tid=148912089&Page=6

"Why would the B10 not take Missouri w/us right now? AAU school w/the two good media markets"

"The B10 would take us under three different circumstances...they REALLY want to wait until they can open up TV negotiations. That is why they didn't pluck us up immediately."

"Here are the three scenarios:

1. BE survives. We wait until 2014ish until the B10 negotitates their TV contracts. We go then.
2. BE collpases. ND is forced to go somewhere. It will be the B10. We go with them.
3. Be collapses. ND is forced to go somewhere. They go to the ACC with UConn. We get picked by the B10 at that point. Why? See number 1. We are going there regardless...they wouldn't let their product flounder and die for a few years. If the ACC decides it wants us...then a number of things change. Think about what TP said the other day, then look at the above. It goes hand in hand."

scarjo_popcorn.gif

Rutgers hasn't gotten an invite to any of the Big Boy conferences yet because everyone is fighting over them. It's clear as day.

I'm done for the day...I'm heading over to a place called Taco Mac here in Alpharetta, GA. I'm going to sit my big butt on a chair at the outdoor patio, have a few cocktails and think of New Jersey shoveling out of a snowstorm this weekend...I am so happy I don't live up there anymore and on top of that we joined the ACC!! 60-70s, sunny all weekend and through next week.

The farther you get away from New Brunswick, Rutgers carries a pseudo-Ivy connotation, which is only a positive. I've lived all over; in California, in Texas, a large portion of the population thinks of Rutgers as in the same academic level of a Duke or a Rice. And as Duke and Stanford have proved, you don't need to be "The University of X" to be successful in college sports."

Let's just be clear, the further away you get from New Brunswick the more you find that people have no freakin' idea where Rutgers is located, and wouldn't know their academic profile if it punched them in the face.

I think they could very well get an invitation another conference. First up: the MAC. They have 13 teams now and their rivalry with Temple could be brought back. Or the Sun Belt snags them. And of course they are practically an Ivy League school so they could rejoin the fellas down at Princeton.

Stop the insanity.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a Rutgers shirt or bumper sticker once or twice in 3 years. I've run into people out here randomly more with Cuse gear on though.