Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

Rocco said:
Thinking we got this one...
I hope so. He definitely had some positive tweets last night. I'd love for him to commit. Really like this guy.

He looks to be in great shape. Long arms no real fat for such a young big guy. I can see this kid playing at a solid 320 and yes making the NFL cant teach 6-8 good feet. Plus he seems very bright. Of all the guys left on the board he has to be 1st on the staffs wish list even higher than Ish

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 4h
Someone told me I look like Fab Melo, is that a compliment or nah?

LOL.

You take as a compliment, he was a first round NBA pick and there is only about 30 a year in the world.

retro44 said:
You take as a compliment, he was a first round NBA pick and there is only about 30 a year in the world.

As an athlete, for sure. But it was "look like" - and that my friend is not a compliment.

As an athlete, for sure. But it was "look like" - and that my friend is not a compliment.
Maybe it could be...sans the overbite. ;-)

Poor kid (Fab) has a grill like Freddie Mercury.

@DWard75_: Syracuse visit went great
Also included the orange iPhone emoji and the dynasty hands
He should pull the trigger very soon. Looks like it's down to USF and us as Neb and UCLA visits scratched. I hope he realizes the value of playing in a major conference like the ACC. Playing one yr behind future NFLer Hickey is a blessing in disguise.

He should pull the trigger very soon. Looks like it's down to USF and us as Neb and UCLA visits scratched. I hope he realizes the value of playing in a major conference like the ACC. Playing one yr behind future NFLer Hickey is a blessing in disguise.

I agree, I hope he does too. He just saw 30k watch an exciting basketball game. They may not get 30k all year at USF for hoops combined. His relationship with USF coaches and desire to play immediately are tough to beat.

@DWard75_: Just to let people know I'm 50/50 between Syracuse and USF.

I view this as bad news. If after an OV we are still 50/50 with USF then we didn't have that type of impact I would have liked.

I view this as bad news. If after an OV we are still 50/50 with USF then we didn't have that type of impact I would have liked.
ya but where would the suspense be when he has his signing day press conference (which is actually happening)

i wouldn't read too much into that

ya but where would the suspense be when he has his signing day press conference (which is actually happening)

i wouldn't read too much into that

He is having a signing day press conference?? Really ??

Depends on where we were starting from, we were clearly behind USF at the start of the weekend
Well, a lot of these kids just enjoy their 15 minutes. If he wants to go to USF best of luck to him but I wouldn't read anything into a tweet like that.

He is having a signing day press conference?? Really ??

i believe his school has a decent amount of kids going on and playing college sports so Simeon does something special for them. They did the same thing last year where Kendall Moore committed to Cuse, and Reggie Spearman tossed the Syracuse hat and put on the Iowa one. It's more of a school thing I believe...could be wrong though

like our chances at 50/50 if the kid seems our history getting some O Lineman to stick in the NFL and with Pugh a recent 1st rounder you would HAVE to think he'd go with us. USF may have the nicer weather but the quality for football is not even close with us in the ACC.