Derrick Coleman | Syracusefan.com

Derrick Coleman

longislandcuse

Living Legend
If Bernie Fine never coaches again at Syracuse, who would be a good replacement? Is Derrick Coleman a possible thought? Especially if Bernie Fine happens to be guilty, I would think from a recruiting standpoint DC would really help offset any possible damage this could do. Having him show up at your doorstep certainly couldnt hurt. DC is very passionate about Cuse and I thought I read somewhere that he did in fact want to coach.

Seems highly doubtful. He has no coaching resume and a reputation for not maximizing his own talent during his playing career. (this in reference to DC not HH)

I second the nomination of HH.

Louis Orr?

Orr is too religious. He didn't recruit that well, either. His time at Seton Hall got on people's nerves with the endless God stuff. Seriously.

Orr is too religious. His time at Seton Hall got on people's nerves with the endless God stuff. Seriously.

Now thats a real good reason to eliminate the guy..Oh Lord

Orr is too religious. He didn't recruit that well, either. His time at Seton Hall got on people's nerves with the endless God stuff. Seriously.
I agree that I dont think its Orr...probably Herman Harried. DC would be interesting I feel though.

As far as "the God stuff", one of the best recruiters in college football is Larry Johnson Sr and he is just like Orr in that regard.

I don't think 17 year-old kids even know who Derrick Coleman is.

I agree replacement is already in place:D

GMAC was a graduate assistant and is now an assistant coach. He doesn't have Bernie's job. Mike would probably replace him as "Associate Head Coach". There's no need for another hire.

GMAC was a graduate assistant and is now an assistant coach. He doesn't have Bernie's job. Mike would probably replace him as "Associate Head Coach". There's no need for another hire.

But, I don't get it, GMAC will work with the 5s? If not who?

JAB

Eh? I'm having a hard time envisioning that, don't you need someone that has experience at the position? Also, would JB want to take on more duties at this point in his career?

Eh? I'm having a hard time envisioning that, don't you need someone that has experience at the position? Also, would JB want to take on more duties at this point in his career?
Was BF a big?

No I guess not, maybe it'll work out ok. Just though we would want someone that knew the ins n outs of the center position that's all. I know Bernie made a science of it.

Daryl Watkins... he was always all heart/hustle. Squeezed every bit of talent out of that body of his. overacheiver. He'd be a great teacher.

Daryl Watkins... he was always all heart/hustle. Squeezed every bit of talent out of that body of his. overacheiver. He'd be a great teacher.
Shoot might as well go with Otis

i really don't see why its so necessary that DC have some other coaching position first before becoming a big man coach at SU. its not like Gerry had any coaching experience before hopping on the SU staff and getting promoted

More likely to see Craig Forth than Orr, DC, or Jimmy coaching the bigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom