Derrick Coleman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Derrick Coleman

If Bernie Fine never coaches again at Syracuse, who would be a good replacement? Is Derrick Coleman a possible thought? Especially if Bernie Fine happens to be guilty, I would think from a recruiting standpoint DC would really help offset any possible damage this could do. Having him show up at your doorstep certainly couldnt hurt. DC is very passionate about Cuse and I thought I read somewhere that he did in fact want to coach.

In all seriousness, why do you think this? I live DC as someone who cheers and brings moxy to SU, but as a coach? No way. Not sure i see it. And most importantly I don't see recruits seeing DC the way we do.

His career in the NBA was not as glorified as we understand (or know) his career to be at SU.

There are better choices out there.

44cuae

Herman Harried could do double duty as a free throw shooting coach. He holds the all time Syracuse record for futility. He started a trend which continues to this very day. In his Jr. year he was an eye popping 26.9% from the line, but 69.2% from the field. Go figure? He made Shaq look like Steve Nash. The Helicopter is probably pretty well known by east coast kids.

How long can we go without an interim big man coach? Our young bigs need their own coach. This could their development.

I dont see why we wouldnt hire a replacement for BF? DC or Herman Harried, imo would be great fits. Herman Harried is huge in the AAU scene and has proved he can coach. DC, is as passionate about Cuse as any former player out there. I still think east coast kids know who he is, recruits know who Danny Manning is when Kansas is recruiting them, why not give DC a shot?

Why would Orr give up being a head coach at Bowling Green where he has his son Chauncey on the roster?

I would really like to see a big man coach the big men.

John Wallace recently said that at this point in time he doesn't have the patience.

I've always thought Rosie Bouie would be the perfect big man coach at SU.

I have seen him work with big men before and he really has some great demonstrative skills.

He would also be very impressive to recruits & parents not only with his demeanor but also his undeniable 6'11" frame.

His credentials include All-American honors in his senior season, first team Big East.

As a senior he had back to back games of 29 & 30 against UConn & Temple.

Was second all-time leading scorer in SU basketball history when he graduated along with 3rd all-time leading rebounder, the all-time field goal percentage shooter and first in blocked shots.

In Italy where he played professionaly for 13 years he is considered a legend and was a captain there for most of his career. He still holds some Italian league records.

Roosevelt is a member of the SU All Centuray Team, recieved the Vic Hanson Award in 1994 and was a Syracuse Letterman of Distinction winner in 2006.

I think Roosevelt Bouie would look great on the Syracuse bench.

Why would Orr give up being a head coach at Bowling Green where he has his son Chauncey on the roster?

I would really like to see a big man coach the big men.

John Wallace recently said that at this point in time he doesn't have the patience.

I've always thought Rosie Bouie would be the perfect big man coach at SU.

I have seen him work with big men before and he really has some great demonstrative skills.

He would also be very impressive to recruits & parents not only with his demeanor but also his undeniable 6'11" frame.

His credentials include All-American honors in his senior season, first team Big East.

As a senior he had back to back games of 29 & 30 against UConn & Temple.

Was second all-time leading scorer in SU basketball history when he graduated along with 3rd all-time leading rebounder, the all-time field goal percentage shooter and first in blocked shots.

In Italy where he played professionaly for 13 years he is considered a legend and was a captain there for most of his career. He still holds some Italian league records.

Roosevelt is a member of the SU All Centuray Team, recieved the Vic Hanson Award in 1994 and was a Syracuse Letterman of Distinction winner in 2006.

I think Roosevelt Bouie would look great on the Syracuse bench.
I think this would be great also. Rosie was one of my favorite players. He is close by now. For recruiting, he could be sent on the European circuit.. ;) I do think he would be an excellent addition... either Rosie or Herman would be great choices "in family."

Now thats a real good reason to eliminate the guy..Oh Lord

The fact he's a bad recruiter is a great reason not to hire him.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The fact he's a bad recruiter is a great reason not to hire him.

That is the reason he wouldnt be on our staff. The God stuff is irrelevant. As i said before, alot of the best recruiters in the country bball/football are religious men. Larry Johnson Sr is a recruiting machine and he is very outspoken about his faith. I have no problem with that and I think alot of kids gravitate to it as well.

If Bernie Fine never coaches again at Syracuse, who would be a good replacement? Is Derrick Coleman a possible thought? Especially if Bernie Fine happens to be guilty, I would think from a recruiting standpoint DC would really help offset any possible damage this could do. Having him show up at your doorstep certainly couldnt hurt. DC is very passionate about Cuse and I thought I read somewhere that he did in fact want to coach.

I'd love to get a big man coach with the best recruiting connections possible. I also don't understand why we need to stay within the SU "family." There's no reason why we can't find a troy weaver or rob Murphy type that can come in and compliment the existing coaching staff.

I'd love to get a big man coach with the best recruiting connections possible. I also don't understand why we need to stay within the SU "family." There's no reason why we can't find a troy weaver or rob Murphy type that can come in and compliment the existing coaching staff.
Agreed, but Herman Harried as people have mentioned is "in family" and very connected in the AAU circuit.

I always wondered if Etan would ever come back to coach the bigs. I'm not sure if he is playing this upcoming season(now that we have an agreement for the season!), but he has to be getting close to retirement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom