Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

Kid has a great game. Really looks like a player who is likely to be an efficient scorer in the college game and NBA level athlete (needs to put on 25 pounds). From the sound of it, improving perimeter game, and his ball handling is more than adequate at this stage in the video. Looks like he'll become a pure "3" man, and if we could get him and Thomas Bryant in the same class (along with Diallo) that would be a dream scenario. Ideal scenario, Isaiah Whitehead and Kaleb Joseph to complement Chris McCullough for 2014. Back to back to back classes like this and we'd be continuing a recruiting trend that keeps our program in the national championship hunt, year in year out, like we have been since 2010.

My guess is this is our A-list: I have no inside information whatsoever, just enjoy watching the recruiting videos and hearing others pass on what info they have esp. Francis and Jake who seem well connected;-)

2013:
PG Tyler Ennis
SG Ron Patterson
SG/SF BJ Johnson
PF Tyler Roberson
C Chinonso Obokoh

2014:
PF Chris McCullough
? PG Kaleb Joseph
? SG Isaiah Whitehead

2015:
? SF Derrick Jones
? PF Thomas Bryant
? C Cheick Diallo

Alex Kline tweeted UK offered Jones. I guess that makes getting an early commitment a little more difficult.

Nice to see that GMac finally left his house during the evaluation period.

We are only allowed 3 guys out at a time right? So it seems that JB, Red, and Hop have been at all the events recently but now w the USA bball stuff going on (JB/Hop) this must allow Gmac and prob a non assistant to get out and be seen along with Red.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We are only allowed 3 guys out at a time right? So it seems that JB, Red, and Hop have been at all the events recently but now w the USA bball stuff going on (JB/Hop) this must allow Gmac and prob a non assistant to get out and be seen along with Red.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
JB and Hop have still been attending the majority of the games out in Vegas for Joseph and Whitehead. Red joined them out there yesterday. Next year they're suppose to let 4 guys out at the same time.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/derrick-jones-going-from-team-usa-to-mary-kline-classic/
D. Jones update.

Derrick is a little more guarded on his passion for Syracuse, even though he says Orange assistant Gerry McNamara is recruiting him the hardest among all his suitors.
“I mean, I like the school [Syracuse] but I’m so young I don’t know what school I’m going to go to right now,” he said. “I’m still a sophomore so I still have three years to decide.”

Good to see that GMac is putting in some recruiting work on high level talent, because we can't always rely on Hop n Red to do the heavy pulling.

Well, we'll find out if it's good once we see if Gerry can bring top recruits to the table.

D. Jones announced today (per Zag's) that he will visit UK September 8-9. That is the weekend UK is putting on its alumni basketball game matching the 2010 team (Cousins/Wall) against the 2012 team (Davis/Kidd-Gilchrist). So those guys will be all over Jones telling him how great it is to be part of Big Blue Nation. Actually this is a great recruiting idea, you have to hand it to Cal. We should copy it. Jones, a top 15 ranked SF in the 2015 class has a top 2 of UK and SU. He said he wants to make an early decision to give a verbal by November, a year before he has to in order to get his recruitment over. I have a feeling after that weekend, it will be over.

D. Jones announced today (per Zag's) that he will visit UK September 8-9. That is the weekend UK is putting on its alumni basketball game matching the 2010 team (Cousins/Wall) against the 2012 team (Davis/Kidd-Gilchrist). So those guys will be all over Jones telling him how great it is to be part of Big Blue Nation. Actually this is a great recruiting idea, you have to hand it to Cal. We should copy it. Jones, a top 15 ranked SF in the 2015 class has a top 2 of UK and SU. He said he wants to make an early decision to give a verbal by November, a year before he has to in order to get his recruitment over. I have a feeling after that weekend, it will be over.

ugh... that will be hard to beat...

I believe that zag meant tyus jones will commit in november.