Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

Francis03

All American
http://zagsblog.com/articles/who-are-the-top-2015-prospects-in-philly/
"Another athletic forward working on his transition out to the wing, Jones is like Gilbert — an athletic freak but a little more advanced in his transformation to a collegiate-level small forward. Archbishop Carroll made the state finals with Jones averaging a team-leading 14.2 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per game. A high-flying lefty, Jones somehow manages to get his head above the rim on every rebound and put-back slam, his highlight reel from just one game shows off his ups quite well. How high up could he play? Syracuse is aready keeping tabs on the sophomore, as is every other Division I program in the area. Offers will pour in this summer as college coaches flock to a loaded We-R-1 16U squad that also includes Pitman (N.J.) forward Tim Delaney and Jones’ high school teammate Earnest Aflakpui."

You are a machine man... just finished up a bunch of UAT testing for a new system and desperately needed a SU hoops fix.. of course I checked out to see if anything was posted on the recruiting side.. and right on cue whoop whoop there it is - thank you kind sir!SUball

http://zagsblog.com/articles/who-are-the-top-2015-prospects-in-philly/
"Another athletic forward working on his transition out to the wing, Jones is like Gilbert — an athletic freak but a little more advanced in his transformation to a collegiate-level small forward. Archbishop Carroll made the state finals with Jones averaging a team-leading 14.2 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.9 blocks per game. A high-flying lefty, Jones somehow manages to get his head above the rim on every rebound and put-back slam, his highlight reel from just one game shows off his ups quite well. How high up could he play? Syracuse is aready keeping tabs on the sophomore, as is every other Division I program in the area. Offers will pour in this summer as college coaches flock to a loaded We-R-1 16U squad that also includes Pitman (N.J.) forward Tim Delaney and Jones’ high school teammate Earnest Aflakpui."
Wow, let's see.....
360 degree alley oop to start? Yes, that will do nicely.

Still, more importantly. What great footwork in the paint! And another thing to add, he really has a nice soft touch around the rim when he's not dunking. Sort of a Josh Pace of post players. Not that they look like CJ's moves, but he seems to have a decent knack for just putting it in the basket.

This is a talented young man that's going to be competitive on the next level.

Wow, let's see.....
360 degree alley oop to start? Yes, that will do nicely.

Still, more importantly. What great footwork in the paint! And another thing to add, he really has a nice soft touch around the rim when he's not dunking. Sort of a Josh Pace of post players. Not that they look like CJ's moves, but he seems to have a decent knack for just putting it in the basket.

This is a talented young man that's going to be competitive on the next level.
Looks to have the athleticism and length that you look for in a SU prospect. If over the next few years he can develop a tight handle with a consistent perimeter game, then sky's the limit with him.

Battle with Gtown for this kid maybe...
Can someone get Larry Moten or Marvin Graves on the case for Cuse?

Larry Moten... that just sounds wrong.
Haha... Maybe so...
Man, what a freshman year he had... Wish all our recruits could come in and play like that from day one...

Larry Moten... that just sounds wrong.
LOL I thought the same thing like wtf2.png

Battle with Gtown for this kid maybe...
Can someone get Larry Moten or Marvin Graves on the case for Cuse?

Jones attends Archbishop Carroll HS in Philly, not the DC school by the same name that Moten, Graves, & KrisJo attended. I initially made the same mistake myself.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...ghts-sundays-pitt-hoop-group-jam-fest-action/

At 6-foot-6, Jones is a supremely athletic left-handed forward with an impressive wingspan, the kind of physical tools that will make any college coach drool. He’s ranked 37th in the country according to Rivals, but ESPN has him rated as the 13th best prospect in his age group. Making him all the more intriguing is that he’s young for his age, having just turned 16.

“I really want to go to Syracuse,” he said on Sunday. That length and athleticism would make the Archbishop John Carroll (PA) a perfect fit in Jim Boeheim’s 2-3 zone.

Damn. He needs to add a lot of weight. One of the skinnier kids I've seen. Definitely is athletic. He also posts up a lot in that video and bangs down low. If he grows a few inches and/or adds weight he could be a force inside. Didn't see him take to many outside shots in the video. looks like a good passer as well.

Kid is super athletic, and as others have said, needs to add strength/bulk.

Does he have any outside game at all? All I've seen of him are dunks and put-backs. Since he's only a sophomore, those skills could certainly arrive in the near future. He definitely looks like an SU prototype...long, skinny and probably in need of developing his offensive skills. Does he project as a SF or PF type?

Does he have any outside game at all? All I've seen of him are dunks and put-backs. Since he's only a sophomore, those skills could certainly arrive in the near future. He definitely looks like an SU prototype...long, skinny and probably in need of developing his offensive skills. Does he project as a SF or PF type?

I wouldn't say it was all put backs and dunks. In the first two videos he posts up a lot and great foot work for a kid his age. Definitely Hak like.

Also takes the future Notre Dame looking player of the dribble at the 2 minute mark.

He projects as a SF in the future. Seems like he'll still grow a few more inches and with the weight gain that he'll most likely tack on over the years, he could find himself being an combo forward playing both spots.

I see him as a cross between Derrick Coleman and Mookie Jones.

Sophomore Star Derrick Jones Likes Syracuse, Kentucky

“He’s leaning toward Syracuse and he would love to go to Kentucky,” his father,Derrick Jones Sr., told SNY.tv.
“He loves Kentucky and he loves Syracuse. We’ve been talking about Syracuse the most.”
Syracuse has offered, while Kentucky has not.
“They don’t call until they know what they want,” Jones Sr. said of Kentucky.

Don't like being a back up plan. Kid better wake up.

“He’s leaning toward Syracuse and he would love to go to Kentucky,” his father,Derrick Jones Sr., told SNY.tv.
“He loves Kentucky and he loves Syracuse. We’ve been talking about Syracuse the most.”

I no longer like this kid.

That really sounds like the dad letting Cal know that Derrick really likes Syracuse, so if he wants his son, he better pony up soon.

That really sounds like the dad letting Cal know that Derrick really likes Syracuse, so if he wants his son, he better pony up soon.
Sounds likely... What a nerlens/Davis this kids going ti be.