Derwin Gray | Syracusefan.com

Derwin Gray

Randy Edsall got off to an awful start in College Park but his decision to hire ace recruiter Mike Locksley is paying off. The Terps are having a big recruiting year, doing really well in the DC metro area.

Hoping Henderson can help us get re-established in this area. Isaiah was a good start.

That sound you hear is Locksley getting a bonus due to the commitment of this 4 star player. Hopefully Scout doesn't drop his ranking during the season. Would Locksley then have to give part of his bonus back?

For those who don't know, part of Locksley's salary is based on commitments of recruits and how they are ranked per Scout/rivals. I am sure it's all legit. Haha

That sound you hear is Locksley getting a bonus due to the commitment of this 4 star player. Hopefully Scout doesn't drop his ranking during the season. Would Locksley then have to give part of his bonus back?

For those who don't know, part of Locksley's salary is based on commitments of recruits and how they are ranked per Scout/rivals. I am sure it's all legit. Haha
That sort of "headhunting" approach to recruiting is really pathetic IMO. It sounds like a desperate move that can only result in Shady recruiting tactics. I can't imagine being an assistant coach and having my salary being dictated by some 20-something recruiting geek sitting behind a computer screen in Florida, who has never even seen half of the players in person. I wonder if coaches will also collect a bonus for a 2 star recruit who ends up in the NFL (like Chandler Jones)?

So, is this an admission that Edsall can't evaluate talent.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

So, is this an admission that Edsall can't evaluate talent.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I think the odd bonus set up for Locksley and the recruiting sites was orchestrated by the AD. I don't believe Edsall had anything to do with such a stupid bonus program. The whole thing is crazy.

Shoot if I'm Locksley I'm flippin the geeks running the sites some green backs to bump up my ratings. What would prevent that from happening?

Total recipe for disaster. Are we sure this is true as it just seems so outlandish

Honestly if I was Locksley I'd just pay the person that eval's my recruits 1K so I could get my 25K bonus.

Randy Edsall got off to an awful start in College Park but his decision to hire ace recruiter Mike Locksley is paying off. The Terps are having a big recruiting year, doing really well in the DC metro area.

Hoping Henderson can help us get re-established in this area. Isaiah was a good start.

Deal with the devil if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom