Desko | Syracusefan.com

Desko

Orangtiz

Starter
I'm not team fire Desko, but he did all he could to lose them that game. They looked brutally unprepared. Next time maybe don't schedule a home and home with St. John's too.

The fact that they weren't attacking the cage when the SJU goalie was doubling is mind-boggling. Next weekend is gonna be brutal.

I'd have to think they like St. John's as their 1st outdoor game each year, but let's play them in GA instead of Queens.

I'm not team fire Desko, but he did all he could to lose them that game. They looked brutally unprepared. Next time maybe don't schedule a home and home with St. John's too.

The fact that they weren't attacking the cage when the SJU goalie was doubling is mind-boggling. Next weekend is gonna be brutal.

Hopkins lost to Towson today 13-8

I'd have to think they like St. John's as their 1st outdoor game each year, but let's play them in GA instead of Queens.

Bring your umbrella.
IMG_6224.GIF

objective analysis . where are we at now versus where we were at when we hired you. up or down trend.

Well, if it gets us another Nate Solomon out of the Peach State... get to work, Liam Banks.

Edit: one that doesn't try to take a double-team twice :confused:
Well it didn't get us his brother Nicky, who's a top 10 recruit and heading to UNC...so maybe desko should try recruiting upstate ny and Long Island kids instead of going nationwide IMO

Well it didn't get us his brother Nicky, who's a top 10 recruit and heading to UNC...so maybe desko should try recruiting upstate ny and Long Island kids instead of going nationwide IMO

I would have agreed with you 10 years ago.

Do you know how many Section 3 kids were ranked in the top 100 of last year's recruiting class?

Zero.

The days of going to West Genny and handing out scholarships like they were candy are long gone.

If anything, we need to cast a wider recruiting net, not a smaller one.

Really, 10yrs ago?!! A majority of the top players still come from upstate ny, LI, Maryland and canada. Where do you suggest he recruits from, Texas and florida?! Best lacrosse is still being played in those areas. I'd rather have a kid from Suffolk County A class who's been playin against top talent his entire life than a kid from Georgia where there's barely a youth program.

Do you know how many Section 3 kids were ranked in the top 100 of last year's recruiting class?

Zero.

The days of going to West Genny and handing out scholarships like they were candy are long gone.

If anything, we need to cast a wider recruiting net, not a smaller one.

Whose top 100, ty Xander's who had a clear bias against NY state kids, he always under appreciates those kids. Top tier lacrosse is still being played in the traditional hotbeds, not Texas not Georgia not California. Not saying that it's not changing but you only get better playin against better competition and that is founf in the traditional hotbeds.

heller was from cali. like beverly hills. scannel, duffy and madsen were all ny kids. they did the damage.

Yup exactly my point...a bunch of undervalued NY kids who have played the best competition their entire lives and weren't ranked by Ty Xander's gave Cuse and their all over the country recruits all they could handle.

I'm not saying Desko shouldn't recruit nationally and in Canada but he should continue to focus on the traditional hot bed areas as well.

Yup exactly my point...a bunch of undervalued NY kids who have played the best competition their entire lives and weren't ranked by Ty Xander's gave Cuse and their all over the country recruits all they could handle.

I'm not saying Desko shouldn't recruit nationally and in Canada but he should continue to focus on the traditional hot bed areas as well.

1-5.

And I'm not talking about under valued kids at St. John's I'm talking about kids like Ben reeves at Yale who are from upstate ny and don't sniff someone like ty Xander's recruit lists.

And we barely beat so what's your point?

I would suggest it wasn't the opponent that was sharp, but rather "our" team was lackadaisical and committed too many unforced errors.

Most here are much more clued into the recruiting scene than I. But it looks like we missed on a couple recent classes, yet have some monsters coming in. It's not an exact science. Player development is more of the question at this point.

I would suggest it wasn't the opponent that was sharp, but rather "our" team was lackadaisical and committed too many unforced errors.

Most here are much more clued into the recruiting scene than I. But it looks like we missed on a couple recent classes, yet have some monsters coming in. It's not an exact science. Player development is more of the question at this point.

Creator I agree 100% with you r.e. Player development. Desko still gets his fair share of highly regarded recruits but not as many as programs like UVA, duke, Maryland, JHU etc., which is disappointing and his 13/14 classes that had some big misses has set us back.

I do believe there is a player development problem here with the staff, not sure how it gets corrected. The development issue was apparent when we were out ground balled by ~15 vs uva.

Maybe they just weren't ready to play today but not sure I can buy that given how well they played in the 1st quarter.

Onto JHU let's hope they come out ready to go because we know JHU is going to be ready to roll with two consecutive losses.

Creator I agree 100% with you r.e. Player development. Desko still gets his fair share of highly regarded recruits but not as many as programs like UVA, duke, Maryland, JHU etc., which is disappointing and his 13/14 classes that had some big misses has set us back.

I do believe there is a player development problem here with the staff, not sure how it gets corrected. The development issue was apparent when we were out ground balled by ~15 vs uva.

Maybe they just weren't ready to play today but not sure I can buy that given how well they played in the 1st quarter.

Onto JHU let's hope they come out ready to go because we know JHU is going to be ready to roll with two consecutive losses.

In fairness to Desko, he has been around forever and is a dinosaur relative to some of his peers, but he has kept up with the changing dynamics of the recruiting game well IMO... and the recruiting game has changed the last few years. Trying to identify players earlier and earlier, younger and younger, I would like to see the NCAA place some restrictions on lacrosse recruiting. Student athletes signing well before they should.

In fairness to Desko, he has been around forever and is a dinosaur relative to some of his peer, but he has kept up with the changing dynamics of the recruiting game well IMO... and the recruiting game has changed the last few years. Trying to identify players earlier and earlier, younger and younger, I would like to see the NCAA place some restrictions on lacrosse recruiting. Student athletes signing well before they should.
Tillman is now accepting verbals from kids prior to the start of their 8th grade season. Sad.

In fairness to Desko, he has been around forever and is a dinosaur relative to some of his peer, but he has kept up with the changing dynamics of the recruiting game well IMO... and the recruiting game has changed the last few years. Trying to identify players earlier and earlier, younger and younger, I would like to see the NCAA place some restrictions on lacrosse recruiting. Student athletes signing well before they should.

They can't officially sign until after their Junior year ... but I agree that 13 year olds giving verbal commitments is nuts. Maryland just got a commitment from a Class of 2021 kid.

Tillman is now accepting verbals from kids prior to the start of their 8th grade season. Sad.

While reading your post I said the word "sad" to myself before I read your word "sad." You are on point. NCAA needs to step up here.

This has been a problem for so long though at what point is the head guy shoulder the responsibility.

Think of football and how Babers or even Schaf get crucified for sloppy type penalties like false starts.

This has been a problem for so long though at what point is the head guy shoulder the responsibility.

Think of football and how Babers or even Schaf get crucified for sloppy type penalties like false starts.

I wish I had an easy answer to this. I'm trusting guys like JeremyCuse on the potential of the incoming classes. If they bomb out...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom