Desko | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Desko

I wish I had an easy answer to this. I'm trusting guys like JeremyCuse on the potential of the incoming classes. If they bomb out...
If they bomb out then its time. He has two top 10 offensive recruits in 2018 with plenty of nice pieces sprinkled in. Then he has the No. 1 recruit in 2019. If those players and their teams don't pan out its clear theres a player development issue.

If they bomb out then its time. He has two top 10 offensive recruits in 2018 with plenty of nice pieces sprinkled in. Then he has the No. 1 recruit in 2019. If those players and their teams don't pan out its clear theres a player development issue.
Not sure where you're getting these rankings. There are 2 sets of rankings, Ty Xanders' at Recruiting Rundown & Inside Lacrosse. FWIW, I put more stock in Xanders, as he gets to more events & takes time to provide extensive write-ups & reasoning behind his rankings.

In 2018, Xanders has Magnan at #2 & Cook at #71 while IL has Magnan at #23 in their top 50 & Cook unranked. I agree with the thinking that Cook could shoot up the rankings after another strong HS season & summer circuit but to suggest that he's currently top 10 is simply untrue. If we can bring in Austin Staats as a transfer in '18, he'd be the equivalent of a top 10 addition.

In 2019, JJ Levandowski is ranked #17 by Xanders & #2 by IL. Not sure where you're getting that we have the #1 '19?

Not sure where you're getting these rankings. There are 2 sets of rankings, Ty Xanders' at Recruiting Rundown & Inside Lacrosse. FWIW, I put more stock in Xanders, as he gets to more events & takes time to provide extensive write-ups & reasoning behind his rankings.

In 2018, Xanders has Magnan at #2 & Cook at #71 while IL has Magnan at #23 in their top 50 & Cook unranked. I agree with the thinking that Cook could shoot up the rankings after another strong HS season & summer circuit but to suggest that he's currently top 10 is simply untrue. If we can bring in Austin Staats as a transfer in '18, he'd be the equivalent of a top 10 addition.

In 2019, JJ Levandowski is ranked #17 by Xanders & #2 by IL. Not sure where you're getting that we have the #1 '19?
Levandowski, Magnan, Cook you guessed them all right so I'm assuming that I wasn't that far off, all of those guys are considered very highly ranked recruits. I think its safe to say if you don't have played development and success with them then there is a major player development problem.

Levandowski, Magnan, Cook you guessed them all right so I'm assuming that I wasn't that far off, all of those guys are considered very highly ranked recruits. I think its safe to say if you don't have played development and success with them then there is a major player development problem.
I'm not going to take time to list them but while we're getting 2-4 top 100 kids & usually 1 top 25 kid at most per year, our ACC counterparts plus Hopkins, MD, & even Michigan now are bringing in 8+ top 100 & 3+ top 25 annually. Quinn in '17 & Magnan in '18 are our only top 10 recruits in Xanders' rankings from '16-'19. As a comparison UNC has 4 top 10 verbals in '18 alone. Another thing to consider is that when you read a recruits' profile Lax Lessons or another write-up following their verbal, we don't seem to get very many kids who list the above programs amongst the other schools they visited or considered. Conversely, these schools are always beating each other out for kids. Now Lax recruiting doesn't have the transparency as far as reported interest/offers like hoops or football, but I'm just going by what's currently available.

Recruiting has fallen behind our peers. Our '18 class looks strong, but only compared to what we're used to. This is why we've needed to supplement so much with transfers, though I have no problem with that, it's fair game.

Last edited:
Tillman is now accepting verbals from kids prior to the start of their 8th grade season. Sad.

This is happening because of the proposed legislation that will be voted on in the upcoming months. The proposal eliminates all contact with recruits before July 1 of their junior year. The aggressive coaches are scared this will pass, therefore they are hammering away at 8th and 9th graders before they can't talk with them for multiple years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom