Class of 2016 - Desperation Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Desperation Recruiting

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
We used to snicker at UCon for offering everyone and his cousin and now we are doing the same thing. It is a desperation strategy and it does not seem like a good one, even though UCon racked up the NC's. We never got everyone we wanted, but it seems like we now recognize that our odds are lower. :(

We used to snicker at UCon for offering everyone and his cousin and now we are doing the same thing. It is a desperation strategy and it does not seem like a good one, even though UCon racked up the NC's. We never got everyone we wanted, but it seems like we now recognize that our odds are lower. :(

I don't think it is a desperation strategy at all.

In fact, we might be hearing some good news soon--stay tuned!

I know that things seem glum right now; we just lost out on two highly rated prospects that long seemed like Syracuse leans. And those losses smart, no question. But have faith.

I know that things seem glum right now; we just lost out on two highly rated prospects that long seemed like Syracuse leans. And those losses smart, no question. But have faith.

So, how soon is soon?

One of the things you will see as long as we are this short on ships is some late recruiting. And that being the case you cannot hold out for one guy at one position just in case. If you need a big and a guard you better have offers to 2 of each minimum and maybe some conditional offers to backup plans for them. The shortage of ships lends itself to this type of recruiting because the situation with spots is pretty fluid.

Also as RF touched on we just lost out on a big and a guard we likely expected to land so for the 16 class we are getting in late in the game on most of these kids. In the end I have a feeling that we may not need an immediate impact PG for 16 or possibly even the 17 class. Between Joseph and Howard you would think we would be OK with Junior Joseph and Sophomore Howard in the 16/17 season and inferring that then again in the 17/18 season you have a Senior and Junior. To me it makes more and more sense to bring Huerter in for either the 16 0r 17 class and then get a good big guy to finish out the 16 class.

Last edited:

Is it Jordan Tucker??? I feel like he's the next commit.

Clearly desperate times... Moyer... Possibly tucker. We are struggling.

Is it Jordan Tucker??? I feel like he's the next commit.

Clearly desperate times... Moyer... Possibly tucker. We are struggling.

I'm not that high on Tucker. He got good size for a shooter but basically that's all he is at this point from what I can gather, a shooter. I was surprised to hear were recruiting him the hardest. If he had a better handle and dribble game I could see bringing him is as a 2G but Hueter's almost as tall, is a better shooter and a combo guard who could play either backcourt position for you. I want multi skilled guys moving forward and Tucker for me doesn't really fit that description, at least not yet.

It's possibly, your post couldn't be more ill timed. Stay tuned.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the "desperate recruiting" thing either. We're currently involved with 2.5 (putting Huerter half in 16, half in 17) recruits for one spot for the 2016 class, and both are ranked in the top 25 nationally. I'm not sure how that equates to desperation.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the "desperate recruiting" thing either. We're currently involved with 2.5 (putting Huerter half in 16, half in 17) recruits for one spot for the 2016 class, and both are ranked in the top 25 nationally. I'm not sure how that equates to desperation.

I agree. Not sure I would characterize this as desperation even though we missed out on two top guys. When JB offers me, THEN we can call it desperation!

I know that things seem glum right now; we just lost out on two highly rated prospects that long seemed like Syracuse leans. And those losses hurts̶m̶a̶r̶t̶, no question. But have faith.
Never. Ever.

I strenuously object to the use of the text I've struck.

No soup for you!

We do not know the answer to the question of how much we have been hurt. The indications are not positive. I'm not panicked but I'm concerned. I look forward to good news. Thanks for everyone's support. I needed it. I have been a fan for many years and this will stand out as one of our toughest stretches.

We do not know the answer to the question of how much we have been hurt. The indications are not positive. I'm not panicked but I'm concerned. I look forward to good news. Thanks for everyone's support. I needed it. I have been a fan for many years and this will stand out as one of our toughest stretches.
What stretch???

couchburn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom