Despite being out of scholarships, Syracuse continues to recruit a pair of big-time 2015 prospects | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Despite being out of scholarships, Syracuse continues to recruit a pair of big-time 2015 prospects

Just curious since I have a few minutes. Why would (BJ-the only one I can comment on) who is currently enrolled in school for the summer session, working out daily on the court and weight room/nutrition, who is scheduled to rep SU overseas this summer in competition with aspirations of getting tic/toc next season throw all of that hard work out the door to transfer from the school that he always wanted to go to? Hint: I sat the bench my first season at LaSalle in 86/87 season and started my sophomore year, the 1st 15games of the season consequently becoming the sixth man because no one wanted the job.couchburn IJS

And that is just the point. Last year was only the Freshman year. Why are so many so quick to think Freshman all want to leave. We get these type of comments constantly on this forum. OGBJ, I didn't know you played for LaSalle. And what a great comparison with your Freshman to Sophomore season. Glad BJ loves his time on the Hill so much.

As for DC and his scholly, SU will always help a player to finish their education if their playing days have to come to an end for any reason. I am sure you have all seen that Mookie Jones is back at school. There are so many ways that they can assist a player financially and help them to get their degree.

Boeheim and staff have their finger on the pulse of the players. Maybe one or two are currently struggling academically, and he questions if they will be able to keep up next season. Or maybe he knows who has those early NBA aspirations. Funny thing is we always questioned if there were one or two scholarships open why we were not filling them. And we have gotten caught before with a short number of players on the team before. So I think we need to trust that this coaching staff knows what they are doing. JB is not the type of guy to recruit someone and them show them the door. He has some idea as to what the future holds.

PS - I hate to see people making false rumors about players transferring, when there is no indication of truth. BJ has OGBJ20 covering for him, but Buss doesn't have anyone in his corner. It is a shame. I have seen at least one article, and I think there was even more than that, which indicated that Buss absolutely loves his time in SU. Both have a great opportunity to get significant PT this year, and I, for one, hope to see it happen for both of them. How quickly people are ready to dump on current players in favor of the next great thing.

I agree with you and also think BJ or Paterson do not leave. There's just way too much opportunity to hit it big at Syracuse for them.

But I totally disagree with your point about people are ready to dump on current players. Over recent years it's the fans who are getting dumped by the players going to the NBA.

And that is just the point. Last year was only the Freshman year. Why are so many so quick to think Freshman all want to leave. We get these type of comments constantly on this forum. OGBJ, I didn't know you played for LaSalle. And what a great comparison with your Freshman to Sophomore season. Glad BJ loves his time on the Hill so much.

As for DC and his scholly, SU will always help a player to finish their education if their playing days have to come to an end for any reason. I am sure you have all seen that Mookie Jones is back at school. There are so many ways that they can assist a player financially and help them to get their degree.

Boeheim and staff have their finger on the pulse of the players. Maybe one or two are currently struggling academically, and he questions if they will be able to keep up next season. Or maybe he knows who has those early NBA aspirations. Funny thing is we always questioned if there were one or two scholarships open why we were not filling them. And we have gotten caught before with a short number of players on the team before. So I think we need to trust that this coaching staff knows what they are doing. JB is not the type of guy to recruit someone and them show them the door. He has some idea as to what the future holds.
L-Train & Instant Offense.jpg
Some 24yrs ago.

I agree with you and also think BJ or Paterson do not leave. There's just way too much opportunity to hit it big at Syracuse for them.

But I totally disagree with your point about people are ready to dump on current players. Over recent years it's the fans who are getting dumped by the players going to the NBA.

You talk like the kids owe you personally. Well, it is time to learn that they don't. They don't owe you anything. They choose a school, usually(hopefully), because they feel that school is the best place for them to learn the things necessary for them to reach the goals that they set in life, whether that be scholastically, or as an athelete. I'm sorry that not all their goals include making you happy, but that has never been the case, and never will be the case.

We all know that for many of these kids, their goal is the NBA. It doesn't mean that they care any less about SU, it just means that they are trying to reach the goals they set in life, just like every other student who sets foot in college. Don't get mad because someone is reaching for their dream in the best way that they see fit.

Oh Lord(n)

He visited me in the hospital not long ago. Very quite modest polite young man. I told him everyone is worried about Trevor being able to knock down the three's. I'm not because I know you can do the job. A nice smile followed.
That is pretty cool that he stopped by in the hospital I guess BJ knows what a lot of us have known for a long time Dan you're a good man! I still don't understand why BJ wasn't redshirted last year unless it was a player decision?

Ummm, please post any links or quotes attesting to your assumption that "Johnson is not happy with his playing time". Thanks.
Just curious since I have a few minutes. Why would (BJ-the only one I can comment on) who is currently enrolled in school for the summer session, working out daily on the court and weight room/nutrition, who is scheduled to rep SU overseas this summer in competition with aspirations of getting tic/toc next season throw all of that hard work out the door to transfer from the school that he always wanted to go to? Hint: I sat the bench my first season at LaSalle in 86/87 season and started my sophomore year, the 1st 15games of the season consequently becoming the sixth man because no one wanted the job.couchburn IJS

GO BJ GO!

quagmire_-_giggity.gif

I can't wait for BJ's first game with 5 threes.

(Hint: I think it will be this year)

I LOVE that he shoots with a sliver of daylight, with no hesitation, reminds me of a certain irish kid who turned out ok for us :)

So players who leave early to follow their dreams are dumping on the fans? WOW!!! I may question whether or not a player is ready to leave but I sure as hell don't feel that he's doing me a disservice by doing so.
Trust me, I'm a fan who believes the best part of college hoops is watching players develop over 4 years, but, realistically, they don't owe me that.

So players who leave early to follow their dreams are dumping on the fans? WOW!!! I may question whether or not a player is ready to leave but I sure as hell don't feel that he's doing me a disservice by doing so.

But it's okay to dump on fans by saying, "How quickly people are ready to dump on current players in favor of the next great thing." I was thinking in terms of a relationship, it is the player's who dump the fans most of the time not the other way around. I would love to root for Tyler Ennis but he's no longer here. If he's not here of course I am going to "favor the next great thing."

I think kaleb joseph stays all four years and him and Franklin Howard compete at the point big time together when Howard gets here... I think CMac is pretty much without a doubt a 1-and-done... No one more athletically gifted than him. That's the scholarship

But it's okay to dump on fans by saying, "How quickly people are ready to dump on current players in favor of the next great thing." I was thinking in terms of a relationship, it is the player's who dump the fans most of the time not the other way around. I would love to root for Tyler Ennis but he's no longer here. If he's not here of course I am going to "favor the next great thing."

At what point did I say anything about dumping on fans? My disagreement with you is that you imply the players give up on the fans when they leave early. I don't equate a player leaving early with dumping on the fans.
Also don't understand why you feel you can't root for Tyler Ennis because he's no longer here. As for me, I will continue to root for Tyler and other former Orange players at the same time I am rooting for the current ones.

scholarships are year to year so the staff could free up a spot if they can get the player they want.

At what point did I say anything about dumping on fans? My disagreement with you is that you imply the players give up on the fans when they leave early. I don't equate a player leaving early with dumping on the fans.
Also don't understand why you feel you can't root for Tyler Ennis because he's no longer here. As for me, I will continue to root for Tyler and other former Orange players at the same time I am rooting for the current ones.

You are taking the conversation completely out of context. My response was to anti-fan comment not the players. If you can't follow the thread I don't know what to tell you. Just make stuff up.

The fact the coaches are still active means something is up with one of the scholarship players. I have no idea which player. My bet is DC's knee injuries are going to turn out to be CAREER-ENDING. I would love to see Jones wearing Orange. It would be like having a Dion Waiters who can make threes!

Dude- all due respect, but why do your posts always read like this:
meh.jpg

Interesting article "From Loyalty to One-and-Done: SU Basketball’s Era of Transition"

http://orangefizz.net/2014/06/from-loyalty-to-one-and-done-su-basketballs-era-of-transition/

It kind of makes you think doesn't it!

Interesting article "From Loyalty to One-and-Done: SU Basketball’s Era of Transition"

http://orangefizz.net/2014/06/from-loyalty-to-one-and-done-su-basketballs-era-of-transition/

It kind of makes you think doesn't it!

Yes it does and thanks for posting it. I'm really not comfortable with all the one-and-done's and have told friends that I could never be a fan of the model the UK uses. In an earlier post, I stated that one of the things I enjoy most about college hoops is the chance to watch players develop over 3 or 4 years. I realize that's changing and I will have to change with it, but ain't that part of life?

How come you never post any thoughtful posts but just comment on other people's posts with trite remarks?
Oh, my bad.
I guess that pointing out you being a constant buzzkill is cause for your sophomoric defensive retort.
Relax, son- life is way too short to constantly see the worst in every situation.
Time for a girlfriend...pronto! :rolleyes: