Devan Carter to Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Devan Carter to Rutgers

Apparently Carter said "Get ready to see a great recruiting class. We are coming to Rutgers to win the national title."

:rolling:

He didn't really say that did he? I know that's the standard party line for them but good lord.

Kid wanted to play RB. Rutgers "told" him he will play RB. End of story.

Knowing Rutgers' shenanigans, he will end up being 2nd-string LS. Lying POS they are down in Joisey.

Playing RB is probably the most important thing to him. But he was very close to Wheatley, when he left that was a huge blow.

I think this is a pretty sizeable loss for us. For many reasons, In-state, excellent size/athleticism/ going to RU.

I really thought he was similar to Doug Hogue. The funny thing is, Hogue choose SU because we gave him the opportunity to RB.

Now it's FB, did they let him wear Brian Leonard's jersey?

What's the over under on the time for his move to linebacker?

I'll take the under - February 7, 2013

Amazing that a recruit would commit there, to supposedly be given a chance to play RB, when they haven't even named their new OC yet.

Madison is pretty cool, need to go to Zingerman's, people wait in line, breakfest/deli

Zingerman's is in Ann Arbor. Board is all over the country today.

Surprised a kid from Rochester is going to burn that bridge. Also surprised he bought their rb bullshit that easily.

I won't care if we can pull in spearman.
Fell for the old bait and switch.

Now it's FB, did they let him wear Brian Leonard's jersey?

What's the over under on the time for his move to linebacker?

I'll take the under - February 7, 2013

August, 2013, somewhere in New Jersey...

Carter: Coach, you said I could play running back.

Flood: Sure, David, and that's where you're playing. What's the problem?

Carter: Um...it's Devan, and I'm not playing running back. You have me at fullback.

Flood: Well, a fullback is technically a running back.

(Awkward silence)

Carter: All you have me doing is blocking drills. I haven't touched a football since I got here. I committed to this place because you were the only coach in the country to promise me I could play running back. This is bullsh--

Flood: So you don't like your running back role, huh? Hmmm...let's see here. It looks like we happen to have an opening at outside linebacker. You could give that a shot if you're not happy.

Carter: *sigh* Fine, whatever.

Flood: Great! I'm glad I could help you out, David. Remember, we're a F.A.M.I.L.Y here at Rutgers! *walks away*

Carter: It's Devan, moron.

Flood: What?

Carter: Nothing...

Someone should have warned him that there was a study done and rutgers students have the most reported cases of stds.

On another note this is a tough loss. Really need spearman now.

Someone should have warned him that there was a study done and rutgers students have the most reported cases of stds.

On another note this is a tough loss. Really need spearman now.

I never watched your little pic before but the old guy who stands up in front and starts jawing is funny sheet

I never watched your little pic before but the old guy who stands up in front and starts jawing is funny sheet
I was trying to figure out what he says. I think it was something like. " you little shi$" . Definitely my favorite one in there

I was trying to figure out what he says. I think it was something like. " you little shi$" . Definitely my favorite one in there

It looks like he says horsesh&t

Funniest part is Henderson backs off just as old guy stands up. Betting old guy was feeling pretty pumped.

Funniest part is Henderson backs off just as old guy stands up. Betting old guy was feeling pretty pumped.

The exact thing happened at the dome when gedney got tackled at the 3 and ray Lewis came over and taunted our section flipping us off. The whole area exploded and wanted to charge the field

Seems Marsh has been F bombing the wrong school all along.

I think this needs to change.

Good luck Devan Carter. I wish him well and hope he actually gets his shot at RB. We won't be playing Rutgers any time soon so it's not like I really care that it was to them. I wanted him to stay committed but I think the staff has known about Carter and Edwards for a little bit so I hold no ill will towards him.

Going to LOL if does end up a lineback (which he most likely will).

I say good luck at Rutgers and winning that national title Mr. Carter.

Maybe it's good we are hitting the midwest and down south harder. We don't have any of the top players in new York st currently committed . Seem to especially have a tough time getting Rochester kids which is amazing since its barely an hour away. Jones officer and now carter gone. I understand that we had carter until the coaching change, but these kids need to be locked up before they even have a chance to think about going anywhere else.

Maybe it's good we are hitting the midwest and down south harder. We don't have any of the top players in new York st currently committed . Seem to especially have a tough time getting Rochester kids which is amazing since its barely an hour away. Jones officer and now carter gone. I understand that we had carter until the coaching change, but these kids need to be locked up before they even have a chance to think about going anywhere else.
Look, you can't "lock a kid up" if he doesn't view Syracuse as his state school, where he should simply want to go like kids do in every other part of the country. Not saying it happened here (seems he is chasing a dream to play RB and fell for a bait-and-switch), but that is the reality of NYS football right now. Kids don't feel any affinity toward the school, as an institution. How are you going to "lock kids up" when they have that mindset? Recruit them hard, sure, but IMO I would rather get good players from somewhere else if they really want to be at SU, without having to bend over backwards just to get them to realize something they should already know.

Look, you can't "lock a kid up" if he doesn't view Syracuse as his state school, where he should simply want to go like kids do in every other part of the country. Not saying it happened here (seems he is chasing a dream to play RB and fell for a bait-and-switch), but that is the reality of NYS football right now. Kids don't feel any affinity toward the school, as an institution. How are you going to "lock kids up" when they have that mindset? Recruit them hard, sure, but IMO I would rather get good players from somewhere else if they really want to be at SU, without having to bend over backwards just to get them to realize something they should already know.

I though the prior staff was headed in the right direction . Obviously it's not going to happen over night but it seemed a big emphasis was put on new York state kids . Once a few classes of kids go through the university and the younger kids see the area guys they looked up to continuously chose Syracuse it becomes expected of them to go there . I'm not saying this is the new staffs fault all I am saying is I hope they continue to keep an emphasis on getting the new York kids to stay home .we can't continually lose in state talent and I don't think we will once we continue to improve . It's just tough seeing right now bc basically every other school is able to keep local kids home . Edwards and now carter are much bigger losses then Allen and even brown is he chooses to de-commit

I thought that waws what Marrone was going to do? You know, build a relationship with coaches (which is at least 50% of getting a kid) among other things. Like the Rochester scrimmage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom