Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Devin Leary injury updates (Out for season)

Come on guys. he was the preseason player in the ACC he is an amazing QB that can run and pass. Let's not make any excuses this is a good thing for us and helps offset some of our key kids being out.
I’m not doubting his abilities, just saying that the offense hasn’t been particularly strong this year nor has he. You could say their schedule’s been a bit tougher, but I think it’s almost negligible.

Leary specifically is ranked in the bottom half of the Conference in nearly every major statistical category, 9th in QBR.

My point remains, I don’t know how the backup will perform today. For communication purposes alone, the backup hasn’t had much experience running the 1’s in game situations, so that’s going to be tough for them.

I’m not doubting his abilities, just saying that the offense hasn’t been particularly strong this year nor has he. You could say their schedule’s been a bit tougher, but I think it’s almost negligible.

Leary specifically is ranked in the bottom half of the Conference in nearly every major statistical category, 9th in QBR.

My point remains, I don’t know how the backup will perform today. For communication purposes alone, the backup hasn’t had much experience running the 1’s in game situations, so that’s going to be tough for them.

Just a guess but expecting they come in focused on running the ball while taking some long shots as well but mostly putting the onus on their D to win it.

They ran Power vs FSU with success. If we cant handle that then we are in trouble for the rest of the season anyway. We need to make them at least have to throw it to move the ball down the field.

Even without Leary, NCSt has two all-conference OL. Our D has got to show up.

If
And that D is formidable. We’re going to have to stop the run today for sure.
They can't move the ball they'll get tired. Similar to Cuse last year. Eventually the wheels would fall off the defense because they were on the field all day.

Just realize, when the chips were down, NC State came from behind and won the game vs FSU with Jack Chambers at QB. Their defense shut out FSU in the 2nd half. Admittedly, Chambers led them to FGs, not TDs.

Very likely to see the true frosh today at some point. It makes sense to get him ready now
I feel like introducing him in an away game and it’s the dome is a terrible idea. But my coaching experience is zero.

Their D is great but they give up a lot of rushing yards to QBs and they have very few sacks, GS needs to take advantage of both
We're going to win this if Shredder has a big game running,...and passing, but I really think he can do some work with his legs.

That’s too bad and. I feel bad for the kid..we have had our share of players get hurt for the year to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom