Devito senior bowl. | Syracusefan.com

Devito senior bowl.

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Tommy could have used some of that warm New England Patriots coaching I think at Syracuse. I wonder if Dino was the right mentality for him:

At one point, Illinois quarterback Tommy DeVito didn’t realize who was yelling at him during a drill until he discovered it was O’Brien.

“He was, like, dressed in disguise,” DeVito said. “He had a hat on, big jacket. I couldn’t really see his face, and this dude is just screaming. At first, I was like, ‘Who is this guy?’ Then he got up close and I was like, ‘Oh, that’s Bill O’Brien,’ and it kind of made sense. They are very intense, aggressive coaches.”

well I doubt you can just show up without an invite
He's there. I think he has a shot to be a productive NFL QB. Has the arm for sure. Has gone through some trials and tribulations at the college level.

I think with the right situation and coaching there may be something to unlock there. I mean IMO he was better than Todd Philcox and he was an SU QB who lingered around the NFL for a decade.

well I doubt you can just show up without an invite
challenge accepted training GIF

He's there. I think he has a shot to be a productive NFL QB. Has the arm for sure. Has gone through some trials and tribulations at the college level.

I think with the right situation and coaching there may be something to unlock there. I mean IMO he was better than Todd Philcox and he was an SU QB who lingered around the NFL for a decade.
He worked at Illinois because they ran the ball 80% of the time. He threw in the flats 15% of the time. And the few times he threw down field, he had all day to make a decision and then was only successful 1.5% of the time. HE HAS NO SHOT IN THE NFL

Tommy could have used some of that warm New England Patriots coaching I think at Syracuse. I wonder if Dino was the right mentality for him:

At one point, Illinois quarterback Tommy DeVito didn’t realize who was yelling at him during a drill until he discovered it was O’Brien.

“He was, like, dressed in disguise,” DeVito said. “He had a hat on, big jacket. I couldn’t really see his face, and this dude is just screaming. At first, I was like, ‘Who is this guy?’ Then he got up close and I was like, ‘Oh, that’s Bill O’Brien,’ and it kind of made sense. They are very intense, aggressive coaches.”
And what proves that screaming at him is the right mentality for him? What am I missing?

He worked at Illinois because they ran the ball 80% of the time. He threw in the flats 15% of the time. And the few times he threw down field, he had all day to make a decision and then was only successful 1.5% of the time. HE HAS NO SHOT IN THE NFL

He may not make the NFL, I personally don’t think he will because he’s too short and there aren’t many Drew Brees’s, but he may get a shot. And your disdain is a bit over the top. Did you know Shrader had more time to throw (TTT) than Devito. He ran the offense Illinois wanted to run.

He didn’t work here because he had three guys in his face not even a second before he got the ball in his hands.

I think he's got a legitimate shot at the NFL. A lot of teams run that low risk, short passes, quick dropback offenses that the Illini ran. I hope he does make it. He played hurt for most of 2019. I think he's a tough kid for doing so.

It's hard being a QB when your a Siamese triplet and the other two are the opposing teams defensive linemen.

We disagree. Todd was a much better qb than Devito. I don't think it was close.

Philcox was likely more athletic than many realized. Devito is a decent speed guy, but not the most athletic. And he often takes too long to make the decisions he does make.. He really needs to be in the right system to make it work.. He is faster than Brady but slower on the uptake .

Philcox was likely more athletic than many realized. Devito is a decent speed guy, but not the most athletic. And he often takes too long to make the decisions he does make.. He really needs to be in the right system to make it work.. He is faster than Brady but slower on the uptake .
A tortoise is faster than Brady

I think he's got a legitimate shot at the NFL. A lot of teams run that low risk, short passes, quick dropback offenses that the Illini ran. I hope he does make it. He played hurt for most of 2019. I think he's a tough kid for doing so.

A lot of teams do?

Stranger things have happened, I guess. But, not much stranger.