Devito senior bowl. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Devito senior bowl.

The average size of of a NFL QB is 6'2.5". He is perefctly fine in the size catagory (took a picture with my sone who is 6'2" without shoes and was the same size). Jimmy G is also 6'2" bigger issue is feeling the pocket and being bale to check down. I think he can be a NFL QB in the right system.

TDV is NOT 6’2”.
Unless he’s a cross-dresser and likes heels.

He was actually measured at the Senior Bowl.

Post in thread 'Devito senior bowl.'
Devito senior bowl.

He is 6’ 5/8” 206 lbs.

So, effectively 2 full inches shorter than the average NFL QB.

Which, if he had the other skills of dudes like Brees or Russell Wilson (pre-Denver) might be OK.
But he doesn’t. At all.

In my opinion, Tommy is not in Todd Philcox's league.
The odds are you are right but I think Tommy’s arm was superior. Which may mean nothing ultimately

I actually thought Kevin mason was an nfl arm so I’m not a good eval of talent

Not sure where I trashed the kid but facts are facts. I went to many games where Devito started and had plenty of time to get the ball down field to wide open receivers. He had possibly the worst pocket presence of any DI qb I have seen. He could not check down off his primary. He would often try to rush it because he would crap his pants in the backfield. And you better check his stats as his #s were comparable at Illinois as they were to his 2019 Syracuse campaign.

2019 and 2022 weren’t close to being comparable.

The average size of of a NFL QB is 6'2.5". He is perefctly fine in the size catagory (took a picture with my sone who is 6'2" without shoes and was the same size). Jimmy G is also 6'2" bigger issue is feeling the pocket and being bale to check down. I think he can be a NFL QB in the right system.
We had this discussion before, and after a lot of back and forth I said we would have to wait until an objective measurement was made. That measurement was made at the Shrine game and Devito came out as 6’ and 5/8”, 206 pounds.

The odds are you are right but I think Tommy’s arm was superior. Which may mean nothing ultimately

… yet one more who was better than Devito

Wasn’t Mason drafted by the Raiders?

Edit: UDFA. Thank you Al Davis.

Todd was about 6' 4" and probably weighed about 225 pounds. He was a big guy. He also had a great arm and by his senior year, ran the option pretty darn well.

So, from a physical standpoint, I don't think Tommy matches Todd.

I am pretty sure that Todd Philcox played in the NFL for about ten years.

He is one of the most underrated SU football players of all time in my opinion.
His problem--he sat behind Don McPherson for 3 seasons. Nowadays, he would have been in the portal quickly.

2019 and 2022 weren’t close to being comparable.
Statistically they most certainly were......2022 #s 2650 yards/15 tds/4 int's/completion % 69.6. 2019 #s 2360 yards/19 tds/5 int's/completion % 63.2. Those #s look very comparable.

Statistically they most certainly were...2022 #s 2650 yards/15 tds/4 int's/completion % 69.6. 2019 #s 2360 yards/19 tds/5 int's/completion % 63.2. Those #s look very comparable.

Going from 62% to 69% is a big jump. His PFF grades went from 58.4 to 81.6 as a passer. From 52.4 to 85.2 overall. From 40.9 to 71.0 as a runner. From 59.2 to 74.8 for fumbling. And he went from 7 penalties (probably grounding the ball) to 0 this year. He had a much better year this year.

TDV is NOT 6’2”.
Unless he’s a cross-dresser and likes heels.

He was actually measured at the Senior Bowl.

Post in thread 'Devito senior bowl.'
Devito senior bowl.

He is 6’ 5/8” 206 lbs.

So, effectively 2 full inches shorter than the average NFL QB.

Which, if he had the other skills of dudes like Brees or Russell Wilson (pre-Denver) might be OK.
But he doesn’t. At all.
So rounding up he is 6’1” without shoes. Not a short guy or 5’10-5’11” like many say. In person between sneakers and spiked hair he looks every bit of 6’2”. Anyway if 6’2” is the average of NFL QB’s many are shorter. Again, height is not his issue. His comp is Jimmy G

He also played with any winning culture environment. It made it easier for him to be honest.
I think it's easier to be dishonest in that environment.;)

Maybe he makes a roster, maybe he doesn't. I really thought he was going to be special here. He was definitely not a top 5 SU QB. I hope he has a nice career in whatever field he chooses and makes a positive difference in the world. We should want that for everyone, right?

So rounding up he is 6’1” without shoes. Not a short guy or 5’10-5’11” like many say. In person between sneakers and spiked hair he looks every bit of 6’2”. Anyway if 6’2” is the average of NFL QB’s many are shorter. Again, height is not his issue. His comp is Jimmy G
Eh, nobody said Devito was 5’10” or 5’11”, that was you misreading a post. People said 6’ or maybe close to 6’1” and you insisted over numerous posts that he had to be 6’2” barefooted.

Devito’s height doesn’t do him any favors and hurts him a bit in seeing over the line, but no it ultimately won’t be what keeps him out of the league.