Devito time | Syracusefan.com

Devito time

Alright fine, maroney time! He made the best throw of the day anyway.

#done-gey

Are we sure Mahoney isn't at least as good as dungey? May as well platoon for injury purposes. Season is now on very thin ice

Are we sure Mahoney isn't at least as good as dungey? May as well platoon for injury purposes. Season is now on very thin ice
I think dungey is a more talented athlete but I think Maroney is a better player

Mahoney might be better. This is the guy who threw for 440 yards and five touchdowns in leading an offense that scored 61 points against an ACC team a year ago.

At the very least there is no drop-off between the two.

Dungey could be the most overrated SU football player in my lifetime. At least since Daryl Kennedy.

Have to laugh after the career dungey has had here that people now think he's trash after 1 bad game and all the backups are now better. People should go look at that thread from a couple weeks ago that has the highlight video of dungey.

Have to laugh after the career dungey has had here that people now think he's trash after 1 bad game and all the backups are now better. People should go look at that thread from a couple weeks ago that has the highlight video of dungey.

There are some real doozies for H0T Takes on the board today.

Mahoney might be better. This is the guy who threw for 440 yards and five touchdowns in leading an offense that scored 61 points against an ACC team a year ago.

At the very least there is no drop-off between the two.

Dungey could be the most overrated SU football player in my lifetime. At least since Daryl Kennedy.

In fairness, the ACC team you're talking about was ranked 105th in passing yards allowed and 115th in passing yards allowed per completion. Pitt had, by any measure, the worst passing defense in P5 last year.

It's not fair to use that as the measuring stick. Dungey likely throws for at least as many yards, and wins the game.

What's the old adage? The most popular player on a struggling team is the 2nd string (or in this case, possibly the 3rd or 4th string) QB.

In fairness, the ACC team you're talking about was ranked 105th in passing yards allowed and 115th in passing yards allowed per completion. Pitt had, by any measure, the worst passing defense in P5 last year.

It's not fair to use that as the measuring stick. Dungey likely throws for at least as many yards, and wins the game.
The defense gave up 76 points. They weren't winning that game with Dungey.

So much crow in this thread. I'll try to remember to bring it up when Dungey wins us a game like VaTech last year.

It's like Shafer voodoo or something. Snap out of it. He had a bad game.
He's not progressing. He's the same player he was as a true freshman when it comes to reading the field and throwing an accurate ball. He's just in a bloated passing system now.

You have no way of knowing that.

No you don't. But again, using the Pitt game to demonstrate Mahoney's proficiency vs Dungey is unfair.

The same Mahoney that threw for 190 yards with 1 TD/1INT vs NC State last year.

Lets laugh at all the fools in this thread
tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom