Devito | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Devito

MS Orange has it right in the above post.

A few weeks ago after WMU. the board was filled with experts decrying the fact that DeVito got extended minutes in that game.

Others thought this was smart on the part of Babers, especially given ED's history. And although being poked in the eye wasn't as the result of ED's characteristic recklessness, as long as RD is the QB, SU has to have an backup with some game experience. Every play TD QB's the team is like money in the bank.

I'd like to see some of TD in every game from now on unless its a tight game and ED is "on fire". Its not to "change the pace" as a game strategy. It's so when TD has to go into the game, he's more familiar with the speed of the actual combat and the capabilities of some of the 5-Star athletes he will be seeing.
Agreed

Id like to see Amie get a Chance against the Puppies.

I’d like to see his graduating class be separated from DeVito’s.

If DeVito locks the job up for his soph-senior years, Amie would have a year to be the man.

Point of parliamentary procedure:

I strenuously object to this ruling as I haven’t received feedback on my proposed nickname!

Edit - just saw OttoinGrotto ’s ruling and withdraw my strenuous objection.

Point of personal privilege:

I ask that the members consider a third alternative, ie; “Tommy Gunn”!

No relation to the Rocky movie character is suggested nor inferred!

I yield to the membership.

Last edited:
Point of personal privilege:

I ask that the members consider a third alternative, ie; “Tommy Gunn”!

No relation to the Rocky movie character is suggested not inferred!

I yield to the membership.
I really like that, but Rocky V (which never happened) taints the moniker.

I wasn't questioning that Dungey was better in those discussions, but Devito wasn't nearly as bad as some were trying to say.
Much of TD's lack of success was completely out of his control. For example, it wasn't his fault that center snaps (Wagner) were high or that the defense didn't play well in the 3rd quarter against WMU.

Great point! I forgot.

it's a weird rule. Basically, you get 4 1/3 years of eligibility. maybe they should have a limit in the number of games, rather than the number of years. If a team can play 12 regular season games a year, a player can play in 48 games in five years, (but would have to be in graduate school for any fifth years game). Any player who played in a regular season game is eligible for a conference championship, bowl or playoff game and those don't count against the 48. That would make more sense to me.

First comment on football board. Watched Don Bosco scheduled as many top hs programs as they could so DeVito being poised did not surprise. Dungey is an excellent athlete and qb but do agree with wisdom of getting DeVito some snaps in every game.

As far as Carrier Dome, somewhat surprised that Cuse handled the temp better than a Florida school but that Dome temperature is a deterrent to fan experience and needs to be corrected. Should have had a full house at game end.

I prefer Touchdown Tommy.

But this kid is a good one. This reminds me of the Nassib/Paulus situation under HCDM except Tommy will probably end up being better than Nassib was...

I think this years situation is unique in that this most recent showing will legitimately make prepping for Syracuse harder.

Given how we play, it becomes far less of an issue if two quarterbacks are used depending on what is needed to be successful. 80-100 plays a game means plenty of opportunity exists so it's not like one guy is being ripped off if he has to share the spotlight. Similar our RBs as well.

Also, Dungey as a thrower can be an adventure at times. Having the ability to change gears if needed is great. Maybe also opens up the playbook for some stuff with both on the field when the opponent /timing is right. Just a lot of overall positives to take from having Tommy getting his game legs under him.

Point of parliamentary procedure:

I strenuously object to this ruling as I haven’t received feedback on my proposed nickname!

Edit - just saw OttoinGrotto ’s ruling and withdraw my strenuous objection.
I don’t like T-shirt’s, dimes is better.

I prefer ‘Seasons’.

As in the 4 and as in the 4 great seasons he’ll give us.

I don’t like T-shirt’s, dimes is better.

I prefer ‘Seasons’.

As in the 4 and as in the 4 great seasons he’ll give us.
Well it's not T-Shirt's, it's T-Shirt Time.

giphy.gif

Seasons is pretty good. That's a pretty deep cut Jersey joke though. I mean, that's going back. T-Shirt Time connects better with the Gen Z current and future student demographic thanks to the resurgence in popularity of Jersey Shore with MTV's recent airings of Jersey Shore Family Vacation.

Well it's not T-Shirt's, it's T-Shirt Time.

giphy.gif

Seasons is pretty good. That's a pretty deep cut Jersey joke though. I mean, that's going back. T-Shirt Time connects better with the Gen Z current and future student demographic thanks to the resurgence in popularity of Jersey Shore with MTV's recent airings of Jersey Shore Family Vacation.
I didn’t get the jersey shore connection till the gif.

Now GTL, Gym Tan & Laundry and you would’ve had me at jump street.

But come on, Tommy DeVito was IN the Four Seasons.

Last edited:
I didn’t get the jersey shore connection till the gif.

Now GTF, Gym Tan & Laundry and you would’ve had me at jump street.

But come on, Tommy DeVito was IN the Four Seasons.
I considered GTL.

Also under consideration were "Smush Room," "Cabs Are Here," "Duck Phone," "Fist Pump," and "Hot Tub."

it's a weird rule. Basically, you get 4 1/3 years of eligibility. maybe they should have a limit in the number of games, rather than the number of years. If a team can play 12 regular season games a year, a player can play in 48 games in five years, (but would have to be in graduate school for any fifth years game). Any player who played in a regular season game is eligible for a conference championship, bowl or playoff game and those don't count against the 48. That would make more sense to me.

So if you complete your fourth year having played in 40 games the coach has to decide which 8 he will play you in during your fifth? That doesn't feel right. I like the new rule as is.
Howard and Williams have played themselves into a regular rotation while someone like Taj Harris, while showing some promise may be shut down after another game or two and one of the other frosh will get an audition.

As the season progresses and TD gets more experience there may come a time when the offense stalls and Dino puts TD in for Dungey, especially if he is not 100% (which is almost certain to hapoen).
It is quite possible that the offense runs better with TD's skill set.

Then what?

As the season progresses and TD gets more experience there may come a time when the offense stalls and Dino puts TD in for Dungey, especially if he is not 100% (which is almost certain to hapoen).
It is quite possible that the offense runs better with TD's skill set.

Then what?
Then, we get...

DunVito...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors