Devito | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Devito

I don’t know if the stats support it but the run game seemed to function better with Devito slinging it (I realize we also used more Neal & Howard).

I don’t think teams fear ED beating them with his arm and that contributes to our RBs low YPC.

Tommy Dimes made very quick decisions (at the expense of missing a few open secondary reads) and that kept FSU on their heels.

Eric is outstanding at scrambling & improv but this offense really hums when the QB gets the ball out quickly.

I get it, ED is running prematurely and putting himself at risk. The game slowed down for TD this week and he made some great throws and reads and i love TD and our depth and future. That said, we need to not forget that ED won games last year with his arm, including some sick, key throws vs Clemson. Yesterday, his throw to Custis was amazing, but it was dropped. Great throw. Heck, we are in great shape when it comes to the most important position in all of sports:)

I’d like to see his graduating class be separated from DeVito’s.

If DeVito locks the job up for his soph-senior years, Amie would have a year to be the man.

I think they will push each other to be GREAT the next 3 years or so. Competition is key and CA just might be that guy to make sure TD doesn't get complacent. We are on GREAT shape as a program, god love Dino et al:)

Well it's not T-Shirt's, it's T-Shirt Time.

giphy.gif

Seasons is pretty good. That's a pretty deep cut Jersey joke though. I mean, that's going back. T-Shirt Time connects better with the Gen Z current and future student demographic thanks to the resurgence in popularity of Jersey Shore with MTV's recent airings of Jersey Shore Family Vacation.

Yes, he is from north jersey, north Caldwell to be exact. A neighborhood where Sopranos episodes would routinely be taped. A great area and not too far from the action displayed on the sopranos minus the murders , lol. Tommy D sounds perfect...

With the film on TD now, could this be like when Barry Switzer was watching film of of the Thurman Thomas/Barry Sanders Oklahoma State team and said, after watching BS return a kickoff, "I hope their starter doesn't get hurt."

So if you complete your fourth year having played in 40 games the coach has to decide which 8 he will play you in during your fifth? That doesn't feel right. I like the new rule as is.
Howard and Williams have played themselves into a regular rotation while someone like Taj Harris, while showing some promise may be shut down after another game or two and one of the other frosh will get an audition.
Hate to say it but Harris is ready now. He is number 2 behind Butler and Custis. Either of them are hurt and Harris will play all game. I am a huge Shirt Frosh guy but we ain’t loaded with depth at receiver right now. If we stay healthy I am ok with him shirtin.

So if you complete your fourth year having played in 40 games the coach has to decide which 8 he will play you in during your fifth? That doesn't feel right. I like the new rule as is.
Howard and Williams have played themselves into a regular rotation while someone like Taj Harris, while showing some promise may be shut down after another game or two and one of the other frosh will get an audition.

Well, under the current rule if the player plays 5 games in his first year he won't get a 5th year. he'll wind up playing a maximum of 41 games. 48 games seems generous.

Well, under the current rule if the player plays 5 games in his first year he won't get a 5th year. he'll wind up playing a maximum of 41 games. 48 games seems generous.

Sorry. Just don't get your logic. Under the current rule if he plays 4 games in his first year he can play 52. Just can't see how limiting the number of games a player can play in his fifth year is better than a system that limits the number of games he can play in his first year.

Sorry. Just don't get your logic. Under the current rule if he plays 4 games in his first year he can play 52. Just can't see how limiting the number of games a player can play in his fifth year is better than a system that limits the number of games he can play in his first year.

It seems like a way to get more games out of the kids. In this era of CTE, I'm not sure that's such a good idea. I think maybe we need limits to how many games a player can play at each level

Tommy Devito Corleone. He will make an offer opposing defenses can not refuse.

I don’t think he had the first team o-line in the two games he was in there. Maybe he just needed to get comfortable. Not sure if ED will be back for UConn but that’s the perfect game to get your first start and throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs to boost your confidence!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom