Devon Clarke? | Syracusefan.com

Devon Clarke?

I don’t think he’s cracked the rotation. I believe Coley, Jonas and Carter are ahead of him.

Yeah, I thought the number thing was weird. Doesn’t bode well for Clarke.

A lot of guys have changed their numbers this season FWIW so I wouldn't use that as a barometer for his lack of PT.

Ja’Had Carter is going to be a stud for us.

I know we are are all rightfully worried about the offense, but I am extremely impressed both the defense and the young talent we have brought in.
We also have some strong dline recruits in the next class. If we hold on to them, they will be a great infusion on the line.

I know we are are all rightfully worried about the offense, but I am extremely impressed both the defense and the young talent we have brought in.

The back 7 (edit - 8) seems deep, young, and loaded. Especially by Syracuse standards.

Can the senior DL all play again next year based on COVID rules? Hope so. Would like to see the backups there get a little more time in the oven, allowing the new group coming in to redshirt.

I really hope with Dakota and Bleich next year, plus Redd, White (need a Blue, SWC type joke there) ready to go, Vettorello and Bergeron taking the next step in their development, that we will look back on this year's OL and laugh. The rebuild of the offense starts at the OL. Otherwise the young QBs will end up just as gun shy.

Last edited:
The back 7 seems deep, young, and loaded. Especially by Syracuse standards.

Can the senior DL all play again next year based on COVID rules? Hope so. Would like to see the backups there get a little more time in the oven, allowing the new group coming in to redshirt.

I really hope with Dakota and Bleich next year, plus Redd, White (need a Blue, SWC type joke there) ready to go, Vettorello and Bergeron taking the next step in their development, that we will look back on this year's OL and laugh. The rebuild of the offense starts at the OL. Otherwise the young QBs will end up just as gun shy.

You really walked into this one:

1600796858629.png

A lot of guys have changed their numbers this season FWIW so I wouldn't use that as a barometer for his lack of PT.

They don’t change their number to a number already in use by a teammate on the same side of the ball. It's a little odd.

The offense will be fine. Coach Babers is building quality depth brick by brick. Anyone who has been a part of building a strong championship contending program can see that.

first step, fix the correctable mistakes by the oline, then worry about fixing the physical mistakes. Game 1 I am not sure we had one decent run all game.. Game 2 you can find half a dozen solid runs, lets build on that game 3.

first step, fix the correctable mistakes by the oline, then worry about fixing the physical mistakes. Game 1 I am not sure we had one decent run all game.. Game 2 you can find half a dozen solid runs, lets build on that game 3.

Which, given Tech does NOT have anywhere near the talent on D that UNCheat and Pitt do -
it would be majorly disconcerting if we don’t run AND pass much better on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom