DI Council approves changes to transfer rules | Syracusefan.com

DI Council approves changes to transfer rules

So now the schools are right smack damn in the middle of arranging NIL opportunities.

I posted this in the same thread on the hoops board:

Also effective immediately, Division I student-athletes who meet certain academic eligibility requirements will be immediately eligible at their next school, regardless of whether they transferred previously. Specifically, to be immediately eligible after a transfer, undergraduate student-athletes must have left their previous school while academically eligible and in good standing (not subject to disciplinary suspension or dismissal) and meet progress-toward-degree requirements at their new school before competing.

So, does this mean if they have passing grades mid-semester and transfer, they can play immediately? Because if so, OMG. The implications are frightening.

I posted this in the same thread on the hoops board:

Also effective immediately, Division I student-athletes who meet certain academic eligibility requirements will be immediately eligible at their next school, regardless of whether they transferred previously. Specifically, to be immediately eligible after a transfer, undergraduate student-athletes must have left their previous school while academically eligible and in good standing (not subject to disciplinary suspension or dismissal) and meet progress-toward-degree requirements at their new school before competing.

So, does this mean if they have passing grades mid-semester and transfer, they can play immediately? Because if so, OMG. The implications are frightening.

The transfer windows are not changing, but, yes, if they are in good standing and they transfer in one of the three (?} windows, then they are immediately eligible to practice/play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom