Did BE do itself in? | Syracusefan.com

Did BE do itself in?

SBU72

All Conference
Did the BE bring down it's own coference by stubbornly sticking with both fb+bb schools and bb only schools? For years people have been clamoring for the BE to split along football playing / non-football playing lines. Maybe BC and Miami don't leave if that was put on the the table after the then current TV contract. Would the face of college coferences have changed if that move had not taken place? Would the football BE been able to attrach big names if they were without bb-only schools? If Uconn and Rutgers do leave (or UCon and West Virginia) what does happen to the BE?

Did the BE bring down it's own coference by stubbornly sticking with both fb+bb schools and bb only schools?

The short answer: Hell Yes!

Did the BE bring down it's own coference by stubbornly sticking with both fb+bb schools and bb only schools? For years people have been clamoring for the BE to split along football playing / non-football playing lines. Maybe BC and Miami don't leave if that was put on the the table after the then current TV contract. Would the face of college coferences have changed if that move had not taken place? Would the football BE been able to attrach big names if they were without bb-only schools? If Uconn and Rutgers do leave (or UCon and West Virginia) what does happen to the BE?

My only sadness is BECAUSE of the basketball only schools. They are the ones I hate to leave

BE wasnt even a player...the Admins of the conference literally sat on their fat asses...and did not make decisions that needed to be made...bball + football vs. bball only...yes they got TCU but they should have kept going except the bball only teams did not want that...it has been confirmed by contracts etc that football is the moneymaker...and the conference admins failed to recognize this.
Am I a big BE bballer...u bet. But I also understand the need for 'Cuse to secure safe boundaries for itself...if it had not; some other BE team would have made the move. Change is not easy and sometimes difficult to swallow...but BRAVO 'Cuse...you made the right decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom