Did the players know? | Syracusefan.com

Did the players know?

SBU72

All Conference
The team seem to play harder and better these last two games. More energy, better coordination on D. Heck Benny and Bell carried the team for most of the 1st half. The best the 2 have played together all year. So did they know and thus tried harder.

The team seem to play harder and better these last two games. More energy, better coordination on D. Heck Benny and Bell carried the team for most of the 1st half. The best the 2 have played together all year. So did they know and thus tried harder.

And Judah was in tears after the game. I think they knew and it impacted them. Joe trying too hard etc

Half the posters on the board knew.

So the players must have known.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I’d have to imagine the players knew it was coming but not necessarily when.

Right up until tip off, I was talking with individuals I’d consider connected, and they were very adamant that either A) Boeheim was going to be here next year for what was absolutely his last season or B) Whenever this season’s ride ended, he was done.

A lot more of them believed A. I personally thought B was coming, but still felt blindsided by it, or how it transpired I suppose.

I think how it happened is how JB wanted it to happen to some degree. No big announcement or press conference. 2003 squad coming back to be honored. Sliding out with a vague press conference where he eluded to it happening but him not necessarily being done.

Press conference was weird real time, but made a hell of a lot more sense an hour later.

I’d have to imagine the players knew it was coming but not necessarily when.

Right up until tip off, I was talking with individuals I’d consider connected, and they were very adamant that either A) Boeheim was going to be here next year for what was absolutely his last season or B) Whenever this season’s ride ended, he was done.

Those two options were really going out on a limb

Those two options were really going out on a limb
Great insight. It was the only two being discussed. And it was the topic everywhere in town.

What other options were there?

The point was that most everyone thought it was getting dragged on.

Good question.
Hopefully players were playing their hardest all the time.
Such a weird season.
Bennie goes from being an almost quitter, to an almost hero.
Joe with unlimited rope, arguing with a ref about a non-call, while his opponent was live scrambling for a loose ball some 3 feet away.

You wonder when the players knew, when Red knew, when Gmac knew.

People knew, and it was not some sudden today thing.

I am thinking back to a game somewhere past the middle of the season where Red and Gmac were on the bench during a game and both looked completely whipped, at least GMac did. It was beyond just the normal 'this is a tough season' vibes, it was more like the titanic is sinking vibes.

Good question.
Hopefully players were playing their hardest all the time.
Such a weird season.
Bennie goes from being an almost quitter, to an almost hero.
Joe with unlimited rope, arguing with a ref about a non-call, while his opponent was live scrambling for a loose ball some 3 feet away.

You wonder when the players knew, when Red knew, when Gmac knew.

People knew, and it was not some sudden today thing.

I am thinking back to a game somewhere past the middle of the season where Red and Gmac were on the bench during a game and both looked completely whipped, at least GMac did. It was beyond just the normal 'this is a tough season' vibes, it was more like the titanic is sinking vibes.
You could count on Girard doing that at least once a game, arguing about a non-call while his teammates are going after a loose ball less than 5 feet from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom