Different style when we get to the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Different style when we get to the ACC

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
Very seldom do you ever see a free flowing game like last night in the Big East. I think we'll see more games like this when we get to the ACC. The Big East is just a grab and push league. It has become too physical for it's own good. We have always been more of a finesse team compared to some of the other Big East teams. I'm not saying we couldn't be aggressive, but I think a free flowing game is more to our liking. I actually thought the officials went unnoticed last night. That's a good thing.

I think part of that is the ACC is just a very poor conference right now. Outside of Duke and UNC, the teams, generally, just aren't very athletic or strong defensively, that's why we were marching up and down the court. Other than Williams, Leslie, and Howell, the rest of the NC State team looked like it was at the mid-major level. BC is playing Bryant college today, the BC lineup looks awful. They look like they belong in the MAAC conference. Syracuse would beat them by 50. Same goes for Maryland, they are awful! In fact, if you looked at the RPIs today, only 2, maybe 3 or 4 ACC teams make the tourney!

I'm trying to get excited about the ACC move because I live in Richmond, but I just can't. Who wants to watch Cuse' play 4-8 games a year in the Raleigh area versus playing those same games in NYC at the Garden? Right now we have a major home court advantage in NYC, now we're always going to be the red-headed step child in Raleigh.

I'm hoping SU and Pitt will bring some much needed toughness to the ACC. They have had a "soft" reputation for years which was brought on largely by Dook players flopping on the floor.
Actually Georgetown (to their credit, and even though they still suck) were the ones that brought toughness to the BE. {ducking hail of bullets}...

I think part of that is the ACC is just a very poor conference right now. Outside of Duke and UNC, the teams, generally, just aren't very athletic or strong defensively, that's why we were marching up and down the court. Other than Williams, Leslie, and Howell, the rest of the NC State team looked like it was at the mid-major level. BC is playing Bryant college today, the BC lineup looks awful. They look like they belong in the MAAC conference. Syracuse would beat them by 50. Same goes for Maryland, they are awful! In fact, if you looked at the RPIs today, only 2, maybe 3 or 4 ACC teams make the tourney!

I'm trying to get excited about the ACC move because I live in Richmond, but I just can't. Who wants to watch Cuse' play 4-8 games a year in the Raleigh area versus playing those same games in NYC at the Garden? Right now we have a major home court advantage in NYC, now we're always going to be the red-headed step child in Raleigh.
Syracuse will still play 2-4 games a year at MSG when were in the ACC. You can take that to the bank.

I'm hoping SU and Pitt will bring some much needed toughness to the ACC. They have had a "soft" reputation for years which was brought on largely by Dook players flopping on the floor.
Actually Georgetown (to their credit, and even though they still suck) were the ones that brought toughness to the BE. {ducking hail of bullets}...
The ACC always reminded me of a suburban high school league and the Big East was its City league counterpart. The white high school AA's have made a beeline to the ACC forever.

There's always the Barclay's Center and I'm pretty sure Swofford has to be thinking about it. NYC exposure is a big reason we were invited.

SU's style will fit fine in the ACC. But Pitt is going to be culture shock for them. Pitt is one of, if not the most, physical team in the BE. It will be interesting to see who changes...Pitt or the rest of the ACC. While I understand the financial rationale behind the move to the ACC, I think some here are underestimating how unpleasant it's going to be for SU to be the outsider having to play the ACC Tourney most years in Greensboro or Charlotte where UNC and Duke will always enjoy a BIG homecourt advantage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom