Dino’s star took a major hit tonight | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dino’s star took a major hit tonight

I don't think our OL is that young. We have 2 seniors and a redshirt Junior starting.

I guess I was referencing both the experience of the OL and the overall makeup of the OL room.

We obviously need more talent in the room.

They are just bad and/or poorly coached.
It seems as Mike Clark, a red shirt junior 6' 8" 318 pounds and one of Dino Babers first recruits will never play. He is on scholarship, has been on the depth chart before but has never appeared in a game. Patrick Davis is a junior and has done well when in there, but alas Ryan "False Start" Alexander continues to play along with Carlos "Turnstile" Vettorello. If those five are the absolute best, then this program is screwed for the next four years. Can you even imagine if these are indeed the best five, how bad the others must really be. What in Gods name are they recruiting and then what are they doing to develop even marginal talent. There needs to be a serious internal check by the entire coaching staff regarding one important question. Should we be giving some other guys some opportunities?????????

Let's be honest. This is a 6-7 year rebuild. It's not just the performance, the fan experience inside the dome isn't yet ready to win over fair weather fans. As a fanbase, given what we have been through it's hard pill to swallow to realize maybe last year was really about Dungey being an absolute beast with some senior leadership at key spots that generated an awesome year results wise.

In reality, we just have so many things still needing work. Recruiting isn't there yet. Hyped recruits sometimes don't cut it. Hopefully Tommy develops to shine bright. If he doesn't , and we flail it shows the work to be done to build a program with depth. Wake is now a program who has accomplished this in about 5-6 years. When Dino talks depth this is a big part of what he means.

We have taken the right steps to try and build foundational consistency through putting money into the program, redesigning the dome and fan experience and the university as a whole. I'm afraid the field product is going to take more time whether it is Dino that gets us there or not. I'm not quitting on this program because we are aggressively moving a lot of things in the right direction. Beyond the the items mentioned above, it's clear that holding staff accountable is a must on Dino's part. Players may not all be willing to hang on for the ride and you live with that. We will turn this thing around and break the "You can't win in Syracuse " myth. It just isn't going to be easy and will take more than we thought.

I think this is a great perspective and one that I'm also taking for the rest of this year. This is a tougher job than most of us are willing to admit, and I think we need to support Dino/staff especially with the recent financial support that has come in.

Looking for adjustments and a well prepared team this evening. If not I will become concerned

Dino is not the same “enigma” as we have seen in the past, why that is I don’t know.

the blame in year 4 is squarely on his shoulders,
blame it on the line, poor defense whatever you want but there’s one guy steering this ship and he must take the blame

throw this season to the curb but he may have to get rid of some of his good ole boy network of coaches

Last edited:
This has been severely disappointing... We have ZERO offense. I dont know what to say about the D, "sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe ." If you know that then you're awesome! Devito was a highly rated recruit but omg does he look flustered. Also, hes not young anymore... hes a redshirt Soph (Junior), been on the team for 3 yrs and started 6 games... past the point of excuses...
Need a new offensive coordinator to come in and transform this offense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom