Dino…Purdue? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino…Purdue?

Dino’s agent pulling some strings to get his name on a list to try and force SU’s hand. Good try on his part but it’s the ultimate bluff. No one believes he’s a candidate for any open P5 job nor should he be.
His agent asked one hack writer in Indiana to put his name out there? I think the hack writer did this one on his own

If they offered him 3x wouldn’t he investigate that?

you think someone in this economy would pay dino babers 10 and a half million dollars a year? investigate? he wouldn't be able to sign that contract quick enough.

If Dino wants to go, Adios! There are plenty of good HC candidates out there and maybe a change will help the CUSE get back to where it wants to be. Let's face the facts that Dino/staff can't recruit at a top level nor is he a good game day HC. If Purdue offers Dino more than he is currently making, it will only reinforce in my mind how screwed up college football is, especially w/ his 36 - 48 overall CUSE record...seven years at the helm. Won't be a big loss Orange Nation!

If Dino wants to go, Adios! There are plenty of good HC candidates out there and maybe a change will help the CUSE get back to where it wants to be. Let's face the facts that Dino/staff can't recruit at a top level nor is he a good game day HC. If Purdue offers Dino more than he is currently making, it will only reinforce in my mind how screwed up college football is, especially w/ his 36 - 48 overall CUSE record...seven years at the helm. Won't be a big loss Orange Nation!
Wow. That was a pretty strong reaction. Dino to Purdue is not even a thing

Yes Purdue is going to pay a buyout and give a big money deal to a coach whose a dozen games under .500 in his career at Syacuse and is something like 6-24 in the month of November. There's a better chance of one of the posters in this thread getting the job then Babers.

Purdue is not going to pay a buyout to hire Dino. Or even if there wasn’t one.

Yes Purdue is going to pay a buyout and give a big money deal to a coach whose a dozen games under .500 in his career at Syacuse and is something like 6-24 in the month of November. There's a better chance of one of the posters in this thread getting the job then Babers.
I'm actually scheduled for an interview with them tomorrow. Keep it here.

I still think that if he is mediocre next year, like 6-6 or 7-5 with a November slump, they will not renew his contract. If he understands this, he should go if offered.

Official statement from Shrmdougluvr on the vacant head coaching position at Purdue University:

"I am officially withdrawing from consideration for the vacant head coaching position at Purdue University. I wholeheartedly support Dino Babers in his candidacy for the position and believe he is the right man to occasionally win some games in November and occasionally lead the Boilermakers to a bowl game."

You know what they say. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
Dino was very successful once upon a time and that’s why we hired him. Also being semi successful here is the equivalent to being really good anywhere else. I mean Cincinnati just hired 25-24 UL HC Scott Satterfield.
So anything’s possible.

Reactions: CIL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom