Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable.

I'm not saying they are bad by any means but they are likely a 30-40ish team. I would love to be in that range but I don't want to pretend that keeping it close with Pitt was an accomplishment because their ranking, they are overranked.
Pitts a 6 and 4 type team. Maybe 5 and 5.

I'm not saying they are bad by any means but they are likely a 30-40ish team. I would love to be in that range but I don't want to pretend that keeping it close with Pitt was an accomplishment because their ranking, they are overranked.

Well I think that even with no fans our offense away from the Dome has a clear road disadvantage. And its been against good teams not Liberty or Maryland like last years first 2 games.

We have our issues. Of course Taj Harris first big play of the year comes when the backup is in. Servais just touches the DE we likely drive there for a second half lead. I'm aware of what Tommy is not good at and that our other issues compound it. But the guys behind him might be really bad.

We will see at the end of the season. I think the ACC will be a mess again this year with Clemson standing out as usual and everyone else just beating each other. Their defense was fine and the offense was also fine. I get your perspective.

Why?

4th year QB to go with very good WR talent. Monster DL. Good O line and running game as usual.

We have played 2 good teams close on the road as much as people don't want to admit it.

What drives me crazy is that we see new coaches coming in across the league and having success. We are in year 5 of Dino and have regressed to Gerg levels.
I have heard all of the excuses, it's Syracuse, it's cold, blah blah blah. A coach can come in here and be competitive.

We will see at the end of the season. I think the ACC will be a mess again this year with Clemson standing out as usual and everyone else just beating each other. Their defense was fine and the offense was also fine. I get your perspective.
Their schedule is brutal lville nd vt at home road games at Miami fsu and Clemson.

Yeah I used to use that excuse. Too cold. Dudes want beaches for the ladies. While partially true... I realized the Michigan teams, Wisconsin, Ohio States of the world have similar cold and they do fine.

There has been something fundamentally off about Dino since last years Liberty game.
Im afraid Dino might not be a program builder, rather a turn around talent. I have purchased numerous businesses to help grow and add capabilities to our core company over the years. We have a team that handles the integration and if required the turn around. Dino would be excellent at that role.
Once the company is stabilized we typically bring in someone else to build the business.
I think Dino expected to land a major job after our 10-3 year. Its why we didn't have a great recruiting class. Now he is in uncharted waters as he has always moved from job to job his whole career and prior to that moved as an Army kid.
Its in his DNA. I dont think he is built to build. I hope im wrong but his entire career and life points strongly against it.

I wasn’t able to watch today. Sounds like I missed a good one.

D isn’t going to hold up. They won’t be able to mentally sustain with an offense like this.

Last time we had an 11 game season, it was GRob’s debut. Based on the stats, we’re starting this the exact same way. Hopefully a game at home will help fix some of the problems. I’ve got nothing else.

Yeah I used to use that excuse. Too cold. Dudes want beaches for the ladies. While partially true... I realized the Michigan teams, Wisconsin, Ohio States of the world have similar cold and they do fine.
If it was all about weather ucla Arizona st and Miami would be cleaning up right now.

What drives me crazy is that we see new coaches coming in across the league and having success. We are in year 5 of Dino and have regressed to Gerg levels.
I have heard all of the excuses, it's Syracuse, it's cold, blah blah blah. A coach can come in here and be competitive.
It’s just excuses

Why?

4th year QB to go with very good WR talent. Monster DL. Good O line and running game as usual.

We have played 2 good teams close on the road as much as people don't want to admit it.
Their QB is nothing special PITT fans aren't happy with him. Have you seen their schedule?They are a middle of the pack team.

NC and Pitt are good but not great teams. If we had a mediocre offense instead of a putrid one, we could be 2-0 right now. No excuse for the offense to be Pop Warner level.
UNC is much better than Pitt.

Why?

UNC in a normal year is Top 20-30. Pitt is Top 30-40. There has been zero home field advantage in either game. Both teams did everything they could to hand us the game. The fact that we were within striking distance after 3 Qs shouldn't be celebrated. The fact that we were miles away from 300 yards on O should be extremely worrisome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom