Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable.

Their QB is nothing special PITT fans aren't happy with him. Have you seen their schedule?They are a middle of the pack team.

Noone in the Coastal has been better last few years and they have some big OOC wins. They are a good team and only underacheivers to their fans who think they should be winning 10+ games annually and playing Clemson close if they make the ACC CG.

You guys are crazy. Write this one off. Enjoy some football on Saturday. Ive retired from critiquing the team the game plan the other stuff they may be dealing with. Global pandemic has thrown everything into a blender. We actually had a good schedule before this rewrite

firing this guy is a preposterous thought.

I'm trying to choose my words carefully right now. I still believe Dino can be a successful coach here and I want him to be a successful coach here very badly.

But the novelty about him has officially worn off with me. I don't care about cool speeches that go viral. I want to see a functional and coherent football team.

Noone in the Coastal has been better last few years and they have some big OOC wins. They are a good team and only underacheivers to their fans who think they should be winning 10+ games annually and playing Clemson close if they make the ACC CG.
Not this year Miami and unc are better.

I'm trying to choose my words carefully right now. I still believe Dino can be a successful coach here and I want him to be a successful coach here very badly.

But the novelty about him has officially worn off with me. I don't care about cool speeches that go viral. I want to see a functional and coherent football team.
Has Dino ever been in this situation? Usually he has moved on to another program and another rebuilding job by now. Don't think he knows what to do, because he has never even been in this situation...

Last edited:
Why did I waste 3 hours on a Saturday to watch that disaster when our HC doesn’t even finish the game?!

An absolute slap in the face to the fanbase and the players.

Officially on the fence now with DB.
I’m glad I had to work from reading this thread

I think he made a mistake today, for whatever reasoning he has.

If I’m ADJW I’m not even considering a change. Dino is fine for the job, I do believe that. But Dino needs to get the QB situation square and needs the OL to get healthy.

I honestly don’t know how anyone is defending his actions at the end of that game.

Absolutely inexcusable and unforgivable. He legit owes his team a major apology.

I am steaming about that. Did that seriously just happen? Holy shittballs, 2020 needs to come to an end.

He doesn’t owe an apology, he should provide his reasoning,

he’s been very clear that has seen these first two games as basically preseason. He’s been rolling players through on both sides of the ball both games

If there was even a marginal expectation that they could pull it off then the outrage would be warranted. I can’t get worked out About anything that happens this year

Happy to see how the defense is playing. Interest to see how the offense does if it can put a functional line out there

And they WEREN'T WINNING THAT GAME. He didn't give up. Give it a rest.
How do you know that? You don’t.
The chances of us winning today’s game down two scores with 4 mins was probably a better % chance then when we beat Clemson

Let’s see what he has to say after the game. Dino is a unique person and he usually has a reason for everything he does. I hate not using those timeouts, but all the talk now is about Dino and not this offense and DeVito. He just took all the heat away from his players. It depends what glasses you’re looking through. I want to hear his explanation before I run him out of town.

AND dino gives us what in interviews?

I think he made a mistake today, for whatever reasoning he has.

If I’m ADJW I’m not even considering a change. Dino is fine for the job, I do believe that. But Dino needs to get the QB situation square and needs the OL to get healthy.
Be honest with yourself; has Dino improved as a game coach in half a decade at Syracuse? Is his play calling, clock management, player discipline better?

He doesn’t owe an apology, he should provide his reasoning,

he’s been very clear that has seen these first two games as basically preseason. He’s been rolling players through on both sides of the ball both games

If there was even a marginal expectation that they could pull it off then the outrage would be warranted. I can’t get worked out About anything that happens this year

Happy to see how the defense is playing. Interest to see how the offense does if it can put a functional line out there
“he’s been very clear that has seen these first two games as basically preseason.”
what did they do in preseason then? Preseason is time to figure out things not 3 games in or last year 9 games in with the OL.

Everyone is complaining about the quitting, but he made even worse decisions this game. Maybe someone will go through the horror of all the bad coaching and play calling decisions.

The one that annoyed me the most was early in second quarter after we scored to make it 10-7. It was 1st down on the Pitt 35 and Pitt ran the ball for 1 yard, and they got called for a illegal formation. Every coach accepts the penalty and makes it 1st and 15. Dino for some unknown reason declines the penalty to make it 2nd and 9. Pitt ends up just barely getting a first down, and continues to score a TD.

1st and 15 is such a great gift. It forces the offense into gaining an extra 5 yards. Many coaches are inclined to throw to pick up the lost yards, and it puts the D at an instant advantage. It's such an advantage, it's downright stupid to decline. Taking 2nd and 9 over that tells your defense that you can't hold their D to under a 6 yard play. It's gutless and stupid. If you don't think your D can hold a team to a 6 yard gain then you have already given up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom