Dino / Dana Presser at 9 AM | Syracusefan.com

Dino / Dana Presser at 9 AM

Syracuse Football‏
Dino Babers and Dana Holgorsen holding joint press conference this morning from Orlando. Follow along for some of their final thoughts before the Camping World Bowl kicks Friday night.

Dana Holgorsen and Dino Babers arrive at today's press conference Holgorsen says it's "fitting" his team gets to finish the season against Syracuse.

Dana: Syracuse has my respect. Dino is an offensive innovator. We're familiar with what they do based on his time at Baylor. Defense and special teams have also jumped out on film.

Babers on WVU tape: "West Virginia is one of the most explosive teams (in the Big 12)." Mentions the 3-3 stack defense and how it's difficult to gameplan for with how few teams run it.

Dana Holgorsen jokes with Dino that the two coaches agreed last night that there would be no blitzing in this game. Babers’ response: “Did we agree to that?”

Babers on the new redshirt rule: "I think we've got one player in a situation where we will not play him." Said he doesn't think it will affect the game.

Dana: Trey Lowe will play in the game. WVU expected to use 2 quarterbacks.

Dino: We didn't do a lot of tackling in pre-bowl practice. That may show up early in Friday's game.

Dino says that the team was beat up coming out of the BC game. He chose to back off the physicality of practice during the postseason so that everyone could heal up.

Babers on a bowl game: "You have one team, and another team that is surfacing." Made an emphasis to use the bowl practices to build to 2019.

Dino and Dana were at an Air Raid coaching clinic in the early aughts. Dino was a bit nervous speaking in front of coaches. Drew up a good play. Saw some plays other coaches drew up and joked some were holding back

Dino: "I'm not sure it's going to be the game everyone thinks it's going to be." Just maybe, it could be a 10-7 overtime game.

Dino: Jackson and Adams might have a chance to play. We're going to be loyal to the guys who have played. Maybe see them for a bit but not going to be experimenting when trying to win the game.

Dino: Big thing about this season is the reinforcement we have gotten from the students, administration and fan base.

Dana: David Sills is a team player. He's going to play for a while. Hopefully he can catch a few touchdown passes.

Holgorsen: "You gotta score to win. I ain't buying this 10-7 stuff."

That's all from the coaches this morning. See ya'll Friday.

Last edited:
Anyone catch what Dino said to reporter sitting in front row after the press conference?

Babers on a bowl game: "You have one team, and another team that is surfacing." Made an emphasis to use the bowl practices to build to 2019.

Is there some weird SyracuseFan payside joke for this that no one will understand?

please... by all means... make it now or forever hold your peace.

A1elOZb1sqL._RI_.jpg

Dana: David Sills is a team player. He's going to play for a while. Hopefully he can catch a few touchdown passes.

ZINGER!!!

Anyone catch what Dino said to reporter sitting in front row after the press conference?

he said "10-7... trust me, take the under"

HAHAHHA... my kids used to watch dino dana (and dino dan) didnt even put 2 and 2 together.

Im ashamed to say this show was the first thing i thought of when I saw the thread title. My 4 and 2 yr old's love both versions (Dan/Dana) lol

Im ashamed to say this show was the first thing i thought of when I saw the thread title. My 4 and 2 yr old's love both versions (Dan/Dana) lol

Funny yesterday our kids were the same ages. But my 4 yr old turned 5 today.

we did a few weeks of the dan/dana but then they moved on as they always seem to do. Yesterday we were actually able to watch an educational dinosaur show from discovery channel. That was kinda cool. it definitely wont last until today though.

translation ?

Babers on the new redshirt rule: "I think we've got one player in a situation where we will not play him."

Holgersen is surprisingly fluent in English, considering he's from West Virginia

He's from Iowa. The Midwestern states have always valued public education, far more than they have in the South/Appalachia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom