Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Might Be Disappointed Friday Night

Nope that's misleading, that goes back to having tickets returned by opponents or having a few singles left. The dome has been packed many ,many times in The 90s, I know. I was there.
So was I. They weren't sell outs. We used to come close, but never a sellout.

Disagree , you could not see a bit of silver anywhere, if you say you could then we were in different stadiums.
I'm not saying it wsn't packed. But if there were 48,000 people there,
#1 you wouldn't see any silver
#2 it isn't a sellout.

I've been to games with 45,000 people. Even at 45,000 you don't notice much silver.

There was a part in the broadcast where they were interviewing a former player, can't recall who. He was saying he just loved being back here, loves the atmosphere during a game. In the background was multiple sections of almost completely empty seats. I chuckled. Misery loves company, but that situation makes our crowd look rabid.

It was their Homecoming too.

I'm not saying it wsn't packed. But if there were 48,000 people there,
#1 you wouldn't see any silver
#2 it isn't a sellout.

I've been to games with 45,000 people. Even at 45,000 you don't notice much silver.
My point, don't cut capacity unless you know you don't have the support. We did, and we can again

I dont think we every get the support consistently enough, if we get back to 40K we are doing well

My point, don't cut capacity unless you know you don't have the support. We did, and we can again

I get what you're saying. They're gonna do it at some level eventually, for regular chairs and such. Yankees did it, not the worst thing in the world.

I gave up worrying about attendance a long time ago, and I firmly believe that people should do whatever they want with their time and money.

However, seeing less than 42K actual human beings in the building Friday night will be terribly disappointing.

This team is winning and exciting with an engaging coach and a senior star QB. Game is in prime time on a Friday. There are literally no excuses for the turn out to not be strong.

Let’s go.

Last edited:
There were a lot of 100 end zone seats available on Thursday.

After the $20 tickets went were announced on Friday they are selling very well since the Ticketmaster map shows the 100 level end zone sections as sold out as of tonight.

This x 100. This point has been made multiple times in the weekly attendance threads why people wont or cant understand it is mindboggling

I see your point. But I was in Atlanta when the Braves finally got good in 91 and the same here in Kansas City with the Royals a few years ago. Both stunk for years and years but by the end of the season, they were getting great crowds. I realize pro sports are different, but even with Kansas football, they were getting great crowds when Mangino finally got them turned around.. I realize a state school has a bigger base but they stunk just as long as we did. If the fans are truly out there for SU and just need convincing, why are we the slowest bandwagon jumpers in the country?? Sorry just a frustrated fan who supports SU from afar the best I can and would kill to be able to go to these games.

Let's worry about this after the game... if it actually "was" an issue. It's Sunday, with the shape the program has been in, people aren't going to buy tickets a week before the game. They're going to see the rankings, they're going to hear the buzz, people are going to talk at work, and ticket sales will pick up Tuesday/Wednesday. This is pretty basic stuff. We aren't going to have a smaller crowd for Louisville than we did for NCstate even with the difference in rankings between the two teams.

We’re freakin 13 in the country and it’s a night game! Last game of the year. Pack the Dome! 49,500 or bust!

I am pleased to see the attempts by the school to make this a big deal. Excitement is building. The students hopefully will really do their part and really show out for this one.

Theres over 1,000,000 new yorkers within 2 hours of the dome’s location.

This area’s is capable. It’ll just take effort now

Now that we’re winning, there’s zero excuse for “fans” not to support. We’re winning, we pass a lot, we score a lot, we have a dynamic QB who is one of the best out there, our coach is charismatic, we play fast, etc.

It is THE most fan friendly major football that you will find anywhere.

Now that we’re winning, there’s zero excuse for “fans” not to support. We’re winning, we pass a lot, we score a lot, we have a dynamic QB who is one of the best out there, our coach is charismatic, we play fast, etc.

It is THE most fan friendly major football that you will find anywhere.

Our athletic marketing team has gone above and beyond my expectations. But this may take some extraordinary community outreach. The bills and orange could be football giants in upstate if the word gets out.

Funny thing is I drove an hour yesterday to watch the game. I'm sure a bunch of people drove that or more to see the Wake vs Cuse game. I'm believe last game of the season some of the Cuse hard core fans will come from further than an hour. Casual fan draw is going to be hard but they should make it with a Cuse ticket hotel special and night out! Make it a reason to come to Cuse for the night

I get what you're saying. They're gonna do it at some level eventually, for regular chairs and such. Yankees did it, not the worst thing in the world.
Yep I'm ok with a cut to 45 so they can put armed chairs between the 30s. No,problem at all. Going down to 40 is too much.

Dungey and Dino are tweeting about packing the dome. The concerns about attendance for that game is real.

They would be tweeting until it was a sell out. If we sold 40000, they’d tweet cause they want 42000. If we sold 42000, they’d tweet cause they want 44000. Etc etc. They just want the largest crowd possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom