Dino turned down coaching the final game. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino turned down coaching the final game.

he gave him the option so in Wildhack's mind it wasn't a "best interest" choice. It was a personal one.

Dino either is mad about something (maybe JW slightly moved the goalposts or promised him a full year) or he's happy to cut the check and move on
Yeah I get that… I’m saying I don’t care what the why is because him not coaching is in our best interest.

where?
we're not getting some random guy from outside the northeast. This won't be a Dino or GERG type hire.

To me he wants a teacher, a communicator, a northeast guy, preferably someone with HC experience, P5 experience, etc.

I think the last part may have knocked out Cignetti/Chesney types and opened the door to the Bill O'Brien, Doug Marrone world. Guys calling him would make me think it's someone who didn't realize this would open so quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if SU football players reached out to coach after the Coach Prime experiment. Nothing surprises me at this point.

Did Dino even say goodbye? Maybe Dino jumping ship will help retain certain players who were pledged to that ship.

DB is a very proud person. We have all seen this over the last 8 seasons with a tendency towards thin skinned when questioned about decisions made in game. I would have really liked to have seen him do this for his seniors. At he end of the day, IMHO grace is always the hardest thing in the face of adversity.

we're not getting some random guy from outside the northeast. This won't be a Dino or GERG type hire.

To me he wants a teacher, a communicator, a northeast guy, preferably someone with HC experience, P5 experience, etc.

I think the last part may have knocked out Cignetti/Chesney types and opened the door to the Bill O'Brien, Doug Marrone world. Guys calling him would make me think it's someone who didn't realize this would open so quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if SU football players reached out to coach after the Coach Prime experiment. Nothing surprises me at this point.
1700498188103.jpeg
Stop trying to make Doug Marrone work!

I question HOW JW asked Dino about coaching the last game. Its certainly possible JW offered it to be kind but the answer was directed to be a "no." I have a very hard time believing Dino wouldn't do it just for his own personal PR

The surprise phone call comment makes me think maybe someone like rich rod. Morgantown, was mentioned as being north east and has power 5 head coaching experience.

Prob didnt feel great hearing "Fire Dino" chants (not that I had a problem with them).

Just sayin', I get why he wants to get out of town and not judging him on it
Since he's already been fired, I'm guessing the crowd would have been more respectful to him, and likely would have given him an ovation at the very end.

But I agree that I don't blame him for not wanting to coach a team that just fired him. It's inherently uncomfortable/awkward.

easy for people to say just do it.. You can do just as much for the SRs in your last talk to them without the distraction of the last game of coaching on the field.

OK, but GERG and FHCSMFS both managed to coach out the string with some semblance of dignity.

Whatevs.
Hopefully Nunz manages to rally the troops and win vs Wake, so they get a bowl game.
The kids deserve it, and it would show that this really isn't a total reboot, just in need of an upgrade.

my guess is JW will pull these writers aside now and clarify some of the things he just said. That press conf had ALOT of information in it.

The P5 experience or HC experience was somewhat confusing IMO. If it's P5 then these smaller type HC candidates are out and yet Thamel mentioned them. I would gather JW fed him those names initially via the head hunter.

Something needs clarifying.

An A plus press conference by John Wildhack.

Since he's already been fired, I'm guessing the crowd would have been more respectful to him, and likely would have given him an ovation at the very end.

But I agree that I don't blame him for not wanting to coach a team that just fired him. It's inherently uncomfortable/awkward.
I agree with the crowd likely being respectful. Awkward, yes, but wouldn’t you want to lead your “stepsons” one last time to show them how committed you still are to them?

Dino either is mad about something (maybe JW slightly moved the goalposts or promised him a full year) or he's happy to cut the check and move on
The third option is that he is not happy nor understanding of his firing (which no one would be) and would rather begin his next job search and let the team move on too. I would probably do the exact same thing

This does not have to be just about "taking a check and running" or abandoning the "family"

Ohana. This is why I value actions over words.

100% There was a thread yesterday that touched/speculated on this, which, IMO I had no doubt to be true.

In my view, this really speaks volumes, actually for me, it simply solidifies how I've felt for a long time. Which is, without a doubt, a full tilt style over substance individual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom