Dino's Game 9 Press Conference | BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 9 Press Conference | BC

yeah.. They played plenty hard, Just didn't perform but they still ran to the ball.

the broncos gave up 70 and now they beat KC.

stranger things than winning 3 in a row for avg teams have happened

OK st lost to S, Ala and looked bad vs Cent Ark went to 2-2 . now they win 4 in a row pretty easily

yeah I mean there is losing and then there is getting curb stomped on national TV 4 weeks in a row. One can be spun a little the other not so much whatsoever.
IMG_4561.gif

yeah.. They played plenty hard, Just didn't perform but they still ran to the ball.

the broncos gave up 70 and now they beat KC.

stranger things than winning 3 in a row for avg teams have happened

OK st lost to S, Ala and looked bad vs Cent Ark went to 2-2 . now they win 4 in a row pretty easily
yep, nobody "quit", its not that simple, call me crazy (and not that it matters and not that they shouldn't move on to a new coach), but yeah they're gonna bounce back this weekend big, book it. It complicate things and muddy the waters very nicely...

Last edited:
He has never had any answers in a press conference. IF he does know why things aren't working, he's not going to say one word about it in a press conference.

What do people expect?

One thing Dino does not do, like it or not, he does not throw his players under the bus.

Of course he’s not going to reveal state secrets in a press conference. But the results of the past 4 games, and particularly the debacle last Thursday, make it pretty clear that he’s at a loss right now.

I mean that coy “we did one thing different” comment is evidence of that. He’s just throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping it sticks. I mean the game was over 7 minutes in the second quarter last week.

He’s the new Boeheim!

At least JB's comments were interesting.

Dino's latest "here's what we're doing differently" is just exhausting. He went from big Tom Callahan to the guy who sells vacuum cleaners door to door. I can't imagine anyone is buying anymore.

He has never had any answers in a press conference. IF he does know why things aren't working, he's not going to say one word about it in a press conference.

What do people expect?

One thing Dino does not do, like it or not, he does not throw his players under the bus.
Yeah what Narduzzi said in his presser after the game against ND was pretty stupid.

At this point play all the young kids and see what you have on the bench

Remember, Bergeron wasn't a starter until like week 6
They see them in practice. Bergeron was not an unknown quantity picked at random off the bench.

This is a coach who should be fired, we have seen all we need to see. The only problem is will he pull a rabbit out of his hat against bad teams and finish 3-1 down the stretch? He does that at minimum he gets the Bowl Game... win that and now you have a guy who wins 8 games no wayyyyyy he gets fired if at the end of season he has 8 wins. I personally think we win 5. Also next year the schedule might be one of the weakest in power 5, so we could easily be 4 or 5 and 0 again and go through this nonsense all over again smh.

Nobody quit out there.
I agree actually. No one quit. The team isn't that good, the coaching is terrible, the game management is atrocious, and the depth is sub par. That's on the coach IMO. I give the kids credit for giving an honest effort out there. I have no doubt they are doing their best in light of the situation.

This is a coach who should be fired, we have seen all we need to see. The only problem is will he pull a rabbit out of his hat against bad teams and finish 3-1 down the stretch? He does that at minimum he gets the Bowl Game... win that and now you have a guy who wins 8 games no wayyyyyy he gets fired if at the end of season he has 8 wins. I personally think we win 5. Also next year the schedule might be one of the weakest in power 5, so we could easily be 4 or 5 and 0 again and go through this nonsense all over again smh.
Nightmare Scenario

He’s the new Boeheim!
Jim was caustic and would have thrown 5-8 guys firmly under the bus at this point. Dino, to his credit, doesn't blame the kids individually and in the media. I'm fine w that trade. Always thought Jim was petulent and a complete boob for doing that. He thought he was being sarcastic and glib and he was being a jerk often times.

Dino is just not 1/8 the coach Boeheim unfortunately.

It was a great job. It's a shame you had trouble accessing it.

You could even hear all the reporter's questions.
Watched it on YouTube. The actual press conference doesn’t start for seven minutes into the video. Literally anyone could edit that out on their phone and post it. What a joke.

And no, I couldn’t hear some of the reporters. I could hear Emily’s questions and I am a fan. She’s done a good job this year. Maybe she should coach the team.

Whatever. Saying they quit is lazy. Nobody quit out there.
What would you call it? 3 straight weeks of minimal effort is as close to quitting as you’re going to get. Maybe they didn’t leave the team, but they sure didn’t do much more than that

Whatever. Saying they quit is lazy. Nobody quit out there.
He has the air of a guy with a $4M guy who thinks he’s untouchable. Very casual, analytical look at the tape like he’s f’in Bill Walsh. Meanwhile we are curb stomped every week. No fire. No answers no adjustments. The teams we’ve beaten have proven to be tomato cans. Infuriating. EIGHT YEARS.
NOBODY in any line or work gets 8 years of 13-43 and counting. No board of directors would tolerate it.

He has the air of a guy with a $4M guy who thinks he’s untouchable. Very casual, analytical look at the tape like he’s f’in Bill Walsh. Meanwhile we are curb stomped every week. No fire. No answers no adjustments. The teams we’ve beaten have proven to be tomato cans. Infuriating. EIGHT YEARS.
NOBODY in any line or work gets 8 years of 13-43 and counting. No board of directors would tolerate it.

I’m talking about people saying the players quit out there.

What would you call it? 3 straight weeks of minimal effort is as close to quitting as you’re going to get. Maybe they didn’t leave the team, but they sure didn’t do much more than that

Minimal effort? Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom