Dino's Presser after FSU | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after FSU

DN0aU8TXkAAdAav.jpg

I can live with the onside kick call and I agree with Dino there is no right or wrong there.

Where Dino was WRONG and where he hurt this team today is not taking the free 3 points before halftime. It was a gift from the god's and to not take the 3 easy points in the first half was beyond idiotic. I have no idea what he was thinking and there is no defense of that and going for it and not taking the 3 pts there. Bad job by Dino in that spot and it cost his team in the end.

I can live with the onside kick call and I agree with Dino there is no right or wrong there.

Where Dino was WRONG and where he hurt this team today is not taking the free 3 points before halftime. It was a gift from the god's and to not take the 3 easy points in the first half was beyond idiotic. I have no idea what he was thinking and there is no defense of that and going for it and not taking the 3 pts there. Bad job by Dino in that spot and it cost his team in the end.

Here's a counter 7 is more than 3.

After how poorly the first 3 downs went there was no reason to expect 4th to go well. It isn't like we were on the goal line.

No, it's wrong! When you are on the road and its the FIRST HALF take the points and move on. You don't pass up easy points in the first half. Especially when on the road playing a school who has better talent than you. Never turn down points in a big game when you are on the road. We had all the momentum going into halftime and by not taking those 3 FSU goes into the half feeling relieved and happy. Shifts momentum back to FSU.

And if we got a TD everyone would be praising Dino for being aggressive.

It’s a genius if it works, idiot if it doesn’t type of call.

I love that he’s aggressive, I really do.

But I wanted him to take the points there. Make them pay something for the mistake as they head to the locker room.

We weren't turning down points we were going for more points.

Umm, we turned down 3 points. I think that is pretty obvious.

Going for more points is a great idea in other situations. But 3 was almost 100% guaranteed, 7 was not and we lost by 3. You've been arguing this all day and now starting to look silly.

he went for the points earlier in quarter 2, how did that work out,

JK

i was fine either going for it or not as it was only 4th and a short 3. If it was 4th and 7 we kick

You go for 7 when playing against a team that is running the ball down your throat and having issues stopping them, at the time we where.
Everyone is focused on how great the D played in the 2nd half, Dino had no idea the D would get it together and hold them in the second half.
He has to make his choices based on what he is seeing.
It’s nice to sit back at the end of the game and say oh yeah our coach is some dumb because x, y, z...
Sure when you see the full body of work you can pick things apart that are WAY different then in the middle of the game.
End of the day FSU still has a stud of a RB mad a ton of NFL caliber players on defense. We don’t and choices are made because of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom