Dino's Presser after FSU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after FSU

I would have taken the points I think but let's not act like this one play cost Cuse the game...I can point to lots of things that contributed, like 3 FSU scores of 50 plus. When all is said and done it was a game that went to the last second and we lost. Moving on to the next game. Get the W and we are 5 -5. Go Cuse!

Easy points? It was a tough angle and given Murphy's track record on the day, it definitely wasn't the reason why we lost.
Tough angle...LOL. :rolling:That is a joke. Please. Even when Dino said it was laughable and America rolled their eyes. The ball was inside the 10-yard line it was no tough angle

Tough angle...LOL. :rolling:That is a joke. Please. Even when Dino said it was laughable and America rolled their eyes. The ball was inside the 10-yard line it was no tough angle

If he had missed not many would have said we should have gone for it instead. Dino is not beyond reproach. Bad call.

No, it's wrong! When you are on the road and its the FIRST HALF take the points and move on. You don't pass up easy points in the first half. Especially when on the road playing a school who has better talent than you. Never turn down points in a big game when you are on the road. We had all the momentum going into halftime and by not taking those 3 FSU goes into the half feeling relieved and happy. Shifts momentum back to FSU.

It’s really not that cut and dry

Today, yes. But we’ve done that all year

Going for it on 4th down as much as we do has allowed us to overcome an inefficient offense. It’s not even debatable.

Easy points? It was a tough angle and given Murphy's track record on the day, it definitely wasn't the reason why we lost.
Take a penalty for 5 yards to improve the angle. I admire the moxie...but I looked at it like gift points. You take whatever they give you. In that case kick the 3. FSU was getting the ball first in the 2nd...

This is a dumb 20/20 is hindsight argument.

We missed two FG, no?

Agreed, Dino went for it, it’s who he is. Risk taker more times than not. Just have to accept it. Doesn’t matter what fans would do, or the fact that most coaches would do this or that.

I thought he should have gone for 3 too but he gambles and when it works it’s great when it doesn’t it’s hindsight, conventional wisdom means nothing to a guy like Dino.

Agreed, Dino went for it, it’s who he is. Risk taker more times than not. Just have to accept it. Doesn’t matter what fans would do, or the fact that most coaches would do this or that.

I thought he should have gone for 3 too but he gambles and when it works it’s great when it doesn’t it’s hindsight, conventional wisdom means nothing to a guy like Dino.

Same mindset that had Custis gliding to the endzone.

Same mindset that had Custis gliding to the endzone.

Yep. Like you said, we now have a coach who is more of a risk taker than the average fan. He likes to gamble, and he will hit on 17 like it or not

Take a penalty for 5 yards to improve the angle. I admire the moxie...but I looked at it like gift points. You take whatever they give you. In that case kick the 3. FSU was getting the ball first in the 2nd...
the muff cost them nothing . shouldda taken the free door prize rather than gamble on door #2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom