Dino's Presser after Liberty | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Liberty

We have evidence to the contrary out the wazoo.

1602970792363.png

I didn't watch but I'm assuming this is a joke. I just don't get it, we have a hard enough time getting first downs or sustained drives. 3 and 2 you call for 30-40 yard pass play... unbelievable.
No he legitimately took responsibility. Said something along the lines of there is plenty of fault to go around on the rest of the stuff but that decision is his and his alone.

I didn't watch but I'm assuming this is a joke. I just don't get it, we have a hard enough time getting first downs or sustained drives. 3 and 2 you call for 30-40 yard pass play... unbelievable.
No joke. He actually said it!

And no one asked him about the absolutely absurd decision to onside kick. I think Dino needs an end of game consultant. I'm for hire

Yeah he called out barron for the drop by name which would have been a difficult catch but refered to a veteran receiver who dropped a ball and didn't call Taj out by name. I am curious what the motivation is for that.

Because Taj is a child that can’t handle it.

I think he made some personnel / recruiting judgements that he would take back. We've had inept, this isn't that.
That is all well and good but he gave us a vision in 2016. Unfortunately in the meantime he has compiled an overall win% of .453 and .361 in the ACC. Referencing how bad past coaches were, while true (.213 for Grob) it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't delivered remotely close to what he envisioned and made the fans expect.

How many teams play in bowls on a regular basis? There's what, 60 or so spots?

I just want them to be reasonably competitive.
With an undergrad population 30% of SU’s and higher academic standards Wake Forest seems to be able to do this year after year.

Opening 3rd down call was horrible. Get first downs, move the chains, get the ball to multiple players to get everyone engaged, scout their alignments and personnel, etc. that should be your first drive.

Dino can’t make that mistake. So he owned it, whoop-de-do.

He also can’t:
[1] fail to take time outs late in first half when LU was driving and D was gassed (he got bailed out by the fumble, but imagine if there was an extra minute on the clock at the time of the fumble, could have had a chance at a field goal),
[2] onsides kick with nearly 9 minutes remaining,
[3] take last 2 time outs too early in 2nd half on D (approx 8:30 mark and 5:30 mark).

His in-game and time mgmt have always been lacking. I want him to have a couple more years, but he needs to “develop” just as badly as some of the players do.

Last edited:
We have evidence to the contrary out the wazoo.

We have a very young defense with some impressive young talent.

We have had a difficult time with COVID and injuries and our overall lack of depth.

We have lost our two most important players.

We seem to be having a very good recruiting year.

The Dome looks great and we are investing in our facilities.

I think there is evidence that despite what will be a very tough season this year, the Program is advancing.

Last edited:
JW responded to me a bit ago.. "Mike this will be addressed promptly "... Taj has bigger things to worry about right now.. and rightfully so
Good. He needs to sit the entire next game

The guy has won. We need a veteran team that's basically low on injuries. That's the program we, and most, are.
You are being very, very kind. It is one thing to be not very good. It's another to be awful. And we are awful. In year 5. When all of us thought we would have some depth at this stage. NO QB's to play. Although rex did okay today. No o-line. A defense that gets blown out by Liberty. We are way behind our peer schools. And then we get players that embarrass us with the actions. You really can't have both. shouldn't have either but can't have both.

We have a very young defense with some impressive young talent.
We have had a difficult time with COVID and injuries and our overall lack of depth.

We have lost our two most important players.

We seem to be having a very good recruiting year.

The Dome looks great and we are investing in our facilities.

I think there is evidence that despite what will be a very tough season this year, the Program is advancing.
I hope so. But getting your doors blown out by Liberty doesn't really suggest that. I just wish we would look more prepared and more disciplined.

You are being very, very kind. It is one thing to be not very good. It's another to be awful. And we are awful. In year 5. When all of us thought we would have some depth at this stage. NO QB's to play. Although rex did okay today. No o-line. A defense that gets blown out by Liberty. We are way behind our peer schools. And then we get players that embarrass us with the actions. You really can't have both. shouldn't have either but can't have both.
Exactly, I'm not asking for Perry Mason. I am asking for someone who can pass a Bar exam in one of the country's jurisdictions; even if it's the South Dakota Bar exam...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom