Dino's Presser after Liberty | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Liberty

Exactly, I'm not asking for Perry Mason. I am asking for someone who can pass a Bar exam in one of the country's jurisdictions; even if it's the South Dakota Bar exam...
Oddly, I love Perry Mason. I actually have some old Perry Mason episodes (that I have never seen) on dvr

We have a very young defense with some impressive young talent.
We have had a difficult time with COVID and injuries and our overall lack of depth.

We have lost our two most important players.

We seem to be having a very good recruiting year.

The Dome looks great and we are investing in our facilities.

I think there is evidence that despite what will be a very tough season this year, the Program is advancing.

What have you seen that indicates a pretty good class coming in? We are consistently ranked towards the bottom of the ACC and the upcoming class, looking at their average, is only ahead of Wake Forest. So how is having the 2nd worst recruiting class an improvement over last year or the year before where we were in the bottom few?

The guy has won. We need a veteran team that's basically low on injuries. That's the program we, and most, are.
He won, but with a very specific set of circumstances (a dynamic senior QB, to start). The baffling thing is that I have no idea what he wants his program to be at this point, and we’re in year 5. It’s difficult for me to see how next season isn’t going to be make or break.

What have you seen that indicates a pretty good class coming in? We are consistently ranked towards the bottom of the ACC and the upcoming class, looking at their average, is only ahead of Wake Forest. So how is having the 2nd worst recruiting class an improvement over last year or the year before where we were in the bottom few?
People have been overrating our incoming recruiting classes for 20 years and running. Maybe this one will be finally hit, who knows?

I see the signs of progress too and agree the absurd level of injuries is the basic immediate cause of the poor win-loss record. The season was doomed before it started when 5 of the top 6 guards were either injured or unavailable to play and the 2 top running backs bailed on their teammates. I would like to see ANY bottom half P5 team try to overcome that...oh, and then throw in losing QB1 and an AA safety.

Yeah he called out barron for the drop by name which would have been a difficult catch but refered to a veteran receiver who dropped a ball and didn't call Taj out by name. I am curious what the motivation is for that.

Maybe Dino is Scared Taj will stomp his feet and hold his breath. Trying to avoid a temper tantrum.

I remain hopeful, but Dino’s leash is as long as next year, and he’s working without a net.

He won, but with a very specific set of circumstances (a dynamic senior QB, to start). The baffling thing is that I have no idea what he wants his program to be at this point, and we’re in year 5. It’s difficult for me to see how next season isn’t going to be make or break.

I think he made the mistake of wanting a Jimmy G type...those don't work here.

You are being very, very kind. It is one thing to be not very good. It's another to be awful. And we are awful. In year 5. When all of us thought we would have some depth at this stage. NO QB's to play. Although rex did okay today. No o-line. A defense that gets blown out by Liberty. We are way behind our peer schools. And then we get players that embarrass us with the actions. You really can't have both. shouldn't have either but can't have both.

The ten plus or whatever we are missing, there's clearly a hole in whatever he recruited a few years ago.

Candidly Rex looked fine behind that line.

That is all well and good but he gave us a vision in 2016. Unfortunately in the meantime he has compiled an overall win% of .453 and .361 in the ACC. Referencing how bad past coaches were, while true (.213 for Grob) it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't delivered remotely close to what he envisioned and made the fans expect.

He had a top 15 finish. He beat the #1 team in the country.

The ten plus or whatever we are missing, there's clearly a hole in whatever he recruited a few years ago.

I think the miss is the recruiting the year after the 10 win season. My late father used to tell me (over and over and over again) you strike the iron while it's hot. In that case, my dad would have been right. We needed a year where we recruited like a 10 win program. And we didn't.

That's an interesting point, a normal recruiting class from that year (2016) would have a bunch of RS Seniors still playing right now right?

I think the miss is the recruiting the year after the 10 win season. My late father used to tell me (over and over and over again) you strike the iron while it's hot. In that case, my dad would have been right. We needed a year where we recruited like a 10 win program. And we didn't.

yea but those kids would be redshirt freshmen. I dont think 10 win programs depend on a significant number of redshirt freshmen to lead their teams.

yea but those kids would be redshirt freshmen. I dont think 10 win programs depend on a significant number of redshirt freshmen to lead their teams.
No. But we aren't a 10 win program. And if we recruited like one, even if it was just for one year, those kids would play more and I imagine would have more impact than a player at a typical 10 win school. We should have made more mileage out of that 10 win season. It's really like it didn't happen. this years recruits, coming off of 5 wins, are a better class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom