Dino's Presser after Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Pitt

If that's the case, that Welch is that terrible, that's an indictment of the Coaching staff being inept. From across this entire country they couldn't get a decent QB to come and get a free degree from Syracuse? So which is it? This coaching staff is that poor?

They had a backup QB with great potential in Chance Amie. But he couldn’t cut it at SU. They signed a talented prospect in Maryland transfer David Summers in the offseason to full Amie’s loss.

The mistake was thinking Amie could make it at SU.

The program needs one, possibly two, more QBs during this recruiting cycle.

Could it be the guys behind this first group are awful?
agree--although the first group is horrible--lets see the second group. dinos rigidity, poor coaching all around, red zone play calling all contribute.
he is very stubborn, defensive and has misplaced loyalty. he needs to be loyal to the program and all the players, and not blindly to specific individuals. this is particularly important with his coaches. he now needs to micro manage them
i also agree that he was absolutely correct in taking td out as he cannot get protection or protect himself. Td was also VICTIM OF DROPPED PASSES, one would have been a td as he hit the receiver in stride with no one near him.
i mean no malice toward td, as he gives all he can.but in the future we need to have a dual threat qb ---we have had our most success with that type.
dino needs to be less defensive and more innovative.
my biggest concern now is recruiting and damage control.

They had a backup QB with great potential in Chance Amie. But he couldn’t cut it at SU. They signed a talented prospect in Maryland transfer David Summers in the offseason to full Amie’s loss.

The mistake was thinking Amie could make it at SU.

The program needs one, possibly two, more QBs during this recruiting cycle.
Slight correction, Summers was not a Maryland transfer. He had verballed to the staff that was let go at Maryland after they killed a kid. He switched his commitment to SU after the old staff was let go and Locksley was subsequently hired. Summers doesn't even dress for games at this point.

total softball questions in the press conference.
Nothing about all the penalties all yr long?
Why didn't we try an onsides kick at the end of the game? maybe theres an obvious reason but
i assumed we would try it.

Why didn't we try an onsides kick at the end of the game? maybe theres an obvious reason but
I thought the same thing and their special was totally not ready for it. They all released before the ball was kicked.

We had all 3 timeouts left. If we hold them to 3 and out, we would have had at least 2:10 to work with.

this is bonkers, empirically false nonsense
No I don’t believe he’s the long term answer. We scored points with Welch... we have not ever really done that outside cupcakes with TD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom