Dino's Presser after Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Pitt

More mobile. Given the current offensive line woes at least play the mobile qb. I get the line sucks, but TD never releases the ball... and doesn’t step up in the pocket.

How long do you think Welch lasts before he is injured by running every other play?

Step up in the pocket? WHAT POCKET?!

How long do you think Welch lasts before he is injured by running every other play?

Step up in the pocket? WHAT POCKET?!
I’m not talking about the Oline. They are horrible we all know that... but TD moving backwards and collapsing doesn’t help. Welch stepped up a few times (I have also never seen TD throw a perfect pass this year like Welch’s first throw).

Given the current climate id rather just have a mobile QB.

I’m not talking about the Oline. They are horrible we all know that... but TD moving backwards and collapsing doesn’t help. Welch stepped up a few times (I have also never seen TD throw a perfect pass this year like Welch’s first throw).

Given the current climate id rather just have a mobile QB.

You have an agenda if you haven't seen TD throw a perfect pass. He had a few this game. Its something he actually does well if he has time.

Welch had that nice pass but even his second touchdown pass wasnt very good. It worked and all is good but he has some of the most inaccurate passes I've ever seen from a P5 quarterback.

Start Welch for all I care, you'll be wishing he was out in a series or two anyway.

You have an agenda if you haven't seen TD throw a perfect pass. He had a few this game. Its something he actually does well if he has time.

Welch had that nice pass but even his second touchdown pass wasnt very good. It worked and all is good but he has some of the most inaccurate passes I've ever seen from a P5 quarterback.

Start Welch for all I care, you'll be wishing he was out in a series or two anyway.
This was literally a 7 point game final once Welch was in and that was more than a series or two. Same line as well.

Perhaps it’s escaping me but TD hasn’t shown much other than vs the FCS this year (I know there are a plethora of reasons for this). I’m not saying he won’t, but this notion that he is excused this season in his third year of being in the system isn’t a great look. Mind you the play calling from a coach in his fourth year when you know your Oline is terrible hasn’t set him up for success.

This was literally a 7 point game final once Welch was in and that was more than a series or two. Same line as well.

Perhaps it’s escaping me but TD hasn’t shown much other than vs the FCS this year (I know there are a plethora of reasons for this). I’m not saying he won’t, but this notion that he is excused this season in his third year of being in the system isn’t a great look. Mind you the play calling from a coach in his fourth year when you know your Oline is terrible hasn’t set him up for success.

I cant discredit his touchdown passes but its not like he drove down the field on these plays and made something happen. The 94 yard pass was nice but there was a hell of a run, the last TD only happened because we got that call. Again im not crapping on the guy be he isnt a good quarterback and its not difficult to see. If he was he wouldn't have come here as a 3rd stringer.

I cant discredit his touchdown passes but its not like he drove down the field on these plays and made something happen. The 94 yard pass was nice but there was a hell of a run, the last TD only happened because we got that call. Again im not crapping on the guy be he isnt a good quarterback and its not difficult to see. If he was he wouldn't have come here as a 3rd stringer.
No I agree with you here. He isn’t even a good QB. He is bad. However, he is mobile and with the sieve that is the Oline it might be a better choice...

Tust me,I sit there in amazement and disgust as things go bad for Syracuse and over half the team isn't even paying attention and on top of it, yucking it up with each other. I'm freaking disgusted!

half the team has zero chance to play no matter how the guys in front of them play. That leads to guys on the bench being disinterested. While I don’t condone it I can see young men acting this way.

Would love to see Taisun Phomachaun from Clemson hit the portal this offseason and receive the Fields/Martell treatment from the NCAA. Doubtful, but desperate times here folks...

Coach Babers reference to it not being fair to keep playing the same people over and over and getting the same bad results is more the definition of insanity. If Vettorello or Alexander start next week, then that means one thing and one thing only. They have whiffed at every single offense line recruit since he has been here. I'll tell you something else too. I sit very close to the Syracuse bench at the 50 yard line home side. I'm watching Pitt score touchdowns and move the ball and convert third down after third down and sack the Syracuse quarterbacks and on the sideline, they players are laughing, joking with each other and over half of them aren't even watching the game. This team has no sense of urgency and I think are really oblivious as to how bad they really are. Very close to losing this team and it would not surprise me if they do not win another game in 2019. Very sad and I gulped the Kool Aid in record amounts. SMH
We all gulped the Kool Aid, even some national pundits who know something like Brett McMurphy. The only ones who knew something was Las Vegas who came out with a 5.5 over/under for wins. The boys in the desert were spot on. A lot of people will lose money unless a drastic change occurs.

We all gulped the Kool Aid, even some national pundits who know something like Brett McMurphy. The only ones who knew something was Las Vegas who came out with a 5.5 over/under for wins. The boys in the desert were spot on. A lot of people will lose money unless a drastic change occurs.
Incredible, Vegas is.

This presser and the comments Dino gives... should have been given weeks ago.. it is PAST time to get some other guys into the game on the OL.. A complete review of the Offense needs to occur.. the OL calls.. per play... per individual need to be analyzed.. every.single.detail. Because details need to be analyzed and answers need to be given.. from scheme to line calls... to yes..even technique on the OL.. I have already seen some of our LB's not using proper technique and being blocked WAY to easily. Details are being missed gentlemen.. you can see that on tape
U ain’t lying

I wish the press would ask Dino some blunt questions like: “Please explain why it took the head football coach at Syracuse University seven games of consistently very bad offensive line play to conclude that changes may be needed.” Really, he needs to answer this. It’s not just that they can’t pass block, they can’t run block and commit a ton of penalties. Hoping they get better is not a strategy for success. Dino should be accountable for this and answer some damn questions without silly movie references or other cute analogies to deflect answering the question.

And Tommy did nether of those to our chagrin, I don’t believe he is built physically but mostly mentally to overcome our putrid oline,

Exactly. TJ takes it for a TD on that first pass. Changes the whole game
Ball was low and he was not that wide open he may score but since he plays for us he most likely would have tripped over the 40 yard line

If that's the case, that Welch is that terrible, that's an indictment of the Coaching staff being inept. From across this entire country they couldn't get a decent QB to come and get a free degree from Syracuse? So which is it? This coaching staff is that poor?

maybe I misheard, but I thought that he said "here", meaning at SU.
I think he did, but that was only him being realistic that the 2nd string qb doesn't get many opportunities to get in the game, so this may have been his last chance. Then he elaborated about the lack of opportuntiy to play after college.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom